DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC software version 1.00.0650

There is possibly no need but I have tried both 2.0.8 and 2.0.10.

As I previously posted it did update via 2.0.10 but with the Chinese menu text in places and some other issues. Once the update occurred and SC re-booted then no longer able to connect via USB from whatever version of Assistant is used.That means no means of refreshing the firmware dated 11.01.2020 (rather than 06.01.2020) which according to another post @m2zAL #39 removes the Chinese text and presumably has some other fixes.That can only be done AFAIK via Assistant.

For those that are content if the update works over Wifi connection rather miss the point that Assistant is designed to do other things that can't be done natively on the SC e.g. firmware rollback.

Investigated PAW's post #22 and using developer mode on the SC was able to get the SC to be recognised for file transfer. Could even update the USB driver for the SC device but not fully. There was still a problem even though no yellow! and all appeared OK. Connection made the usual USB noises but no USB device detected so no Assistant.

I am contemplating a system reset. Any one else done this?

Reactions: CaptHook
I've tried to update my SC 6-7 times over wifi both 2.4 and 5. The update download starts fine, hangs for 3-4 minutes at 16% then continues to 98%. I get a buzz in the controller and then a screen pops up which says "Download" again. It looks like its downloading the software but not installing it.

Last edited:
I've tried to update my SC 6-7 times over wifi both 2.4 and 5. The update download starts fine, hands for 3-4 minutes at 16% then continues to 98%. I get a buzz in the controller and then a screen pops up which says "Download" again. It looks like its downloading the software but not installing it.
Some have succeeded with updating over Wifi but many like me haven't. DJI in numerous places including this update info stipulate it should be updated ONLY using Assistant.

You are experiencing what I did with Wifi updating a repeated loop of attempted updates but no actual update being carried out. I was only able to do it via Assistant 2.0.10 which now no longer connects with the SC as posted on at length earlier.

I am contemplating a system reset. Any one else done this?
Yes, debating that hard.
Only thing is, it flies fine.
Scared to reset and then unable to upgrade from stock = ?

I uninstalled/reinstalled Assistant several times.
No luck. Even ran CC Cleaner that removed several registry entries.
Did a search of the registry, there are a number of entries still left behind.
Gonna try later tonight removing all Assistant registry entries, reinstall Assistant.
But it really seems the 'workarounds' to get the USB working is the real problem, Assistant doesn't 'see' it
at the proper timing.

I did see 1 post of someone doing a factory reset and saying it went to .650 fine.

Some have succeeded with updating over Wifi but many like me haven't. DJI in numerous places including this update info stipulate it should be updated ONLY using Assistant.

You are experiencing what I did with Wifi updating a repeated loop of attempted updates but no actual update being carried out. I was only able to do it via Assistant 2.0.10 which now no longer connects with the SC as posted on at length earlier.

I'm not even sure how to do it with Assistant on the SM, I haven't used it in a long time

More weirdness:

The configure file - RM500.cfg in Internal Storage/rm500 reads:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<dji>
<device id="rm500">
<firmware formal="01.00.0530">
<release version="01.00.0530" antirollback="1" antirollback_ext="cn:3" enforce="0" enforce_ext="cn:0"

My SC clearly shows as .065, so what's up with this .0530?
And what about changing the antirollback flags?
Anyone with successful upgrade want to post the starting lines of their .cfg file?

Success!
Factory reset completed.
SC updated to newest .0650.
Assistant 2 working.

Method I did:

1) Reformatted SD card
2) Factory reset
3) Start DJI Assistant 2
3) Turn on SC (USB debug is on by default. If not, turn it on) and plug into computer
4) DON'T select USB transfer method/charging - don't touch the SC!
5) It will 'bing-bong' twice, and DJI Assistant 2 will now show SC
6) click the SC, and on the version screen, select .065 refresh
7) It will do it's thing, pausing awhile at 16%, and at 98% then will reboot 2x
8) will then come up with 100% complete

I tried so many things.
Last thing I did was uninstall Assistant and remove all registery entries.
No luck.

Interesting thing:

RM500.cfg file location changed to: Internal shared storage\encrypt
and reads:

<dji>
<device id="rm500">
<firmware formal="01.00.0650">
<release version="01.00.0650" antirollback="1" antirollback_ext="cn:3" enforce="0" enforce_ext="cn:0"

So, seems the .cfg file reading .0560 is part of the problem with failed updates.

Also interesting, the factory reset didn't downgrade the firmware.
It still read .065. So no-rollback means EVER, unless you can use Assistant 2.

And some notes on the factory reset:
Most your settings are saved, like gimble settings, max altitude, rth altitude etc
The time reset to China, and my camera was switched to AFC.

Firmware updates:
The flight records are now saved to Internal memory even if you have 'save to SD card' setting:
Internal shared storage\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
If you want to have them sync to your flight records/DJI,
in the SC file manager, browse to that location/file, long press it, and copy (or move) to:
SD card\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
Now it will show up on the home page flight records and can be synced with DJI

And some notes on the factory reset:
Most your settings are saved, like gimble settings, max altitude, rth altitude etc
The time reset to China, and my camera was switched to AFC.

Firmware updates:
The flight records are now saved to Internal memory even if you have 'save to SD card' setting:
Internal shared storage\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
If you want to have them sync to your flight records/DJI,
in the SC file manager, browse to that location/file, long press it, and copy (or move) to:
SD card\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
Now it will show up on the home page flight records and can be synced with DJI

Glad it worked for you. Since mine still flys fine and the update didn't lock me out I'm going to bother until I need to do an update

Success!
Factory reset completed.
Assistant 2 working.

Method I did:

1) Reformatted SD card
2) Factory reset
3) Start DJI Assistant 2
3) Turn on SC (USB debug is on by default. If not, turn it on) and plug into computer

I tried so many things.
No luck.

Interesting thing:

and reads:

<dji>
<device id="rm500">
<release version="01.00.0650" antirollback="1" antirollback_ext="cn:3" enforce="0" enforce_ext="cn:0"

So, seems the .cfg file reading .0560 is part of the problem with failed updates.

Excellent CaptHook!!!!

Thanks for sharing and nice write up.

I was just about to do a reset when I read your post so saved me some pain!

It wasn't total plain sailing for me as it failed 2 times when it got to 99% of the downloading and also once with the transmitting. Not sure why but eventually went through OK.

For others doing this be very patient at 98% in the transmitting phase and also as pointed out above also at 16%. Just leave it alone to do its thing.

Now update succeeded the Assistant works fine now and it looks as though you can actually do rollback to 2 previous versions of firmware with the Assistant.

The 01.00.0650 firmware finally updated is the 11th Jan version which cures a few things e.g. replaces Chinese text in some settings menus as well as making Assistant usable whereas the dud version was 6th Jan.

Many thanks again CaptHook.

If you do a factory reset will I need to reinstall "Litchi"

Probably if the factory reset wipes the SC back to shipping state.

Thanks, I won't even bother then. Made a couple flights yesterday after trying to install the update and everything still works fine.

Reactions: ff22
If you do a factory reset will I need to reinstall "Litchi"
Yes. But I did reformat the SD card before factory reset just in case.
And Amazon Play Store if that's how you installed it.
I saved the Amazon Play Store .apk from the SD card to my computer first,
so I could copy it back to the SD card.
Then reinstalled it and Litchi back to the SC no problem.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Success!
Factory reset completed.
Assistant 2 working.

Method I did:

1) Reformatted SD card
2) Factory reset
3) Start DJI Assistant 2

I tried so many things.
No luck.

Interesting thing:

and reads:

<dji>
<device id="rm500">

Mine updated through WiFi & it shows to have the new version but my text are still in Chinese & I can't connect to DJI assistant to do a refresh because it won't recognize the USB. I tried your method but it still won't work. I'm about to sale thing dang SC. I've had nothing but trouble with it....

Did you do a factory reset?
And don't touch SC when plugging in? (step 3 and 4)
Also, you might try first uninstalling/reinstalling Assistant first and using the provided DJI USB cable.

I updated mine and everything went just fine. 100% completed and after connecting to the M2P everything still looks good.

BUT then I tried to install Litchi (update) and guess what the PACKAGE INSTALLER keeps stopping. I tried other application packages NO LUCK!
It looks like DJI (intentionally?) broke the package installer. I downgraded to the previous version - everything looks good and the installer works fine on the old version.

Has anyone tried this after the update? Am I the only one running into this issue?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929