DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC software version 1.00.0650

...We just release version 1.37 with multiple fixes for the latest Smart Controller firmware:

I haven’t upgraded yet. Personally I wait a minimum of 7 days after a release to make sure there are no issues, and if there are, I wait at least 7 days after the last reported issue is solved depending on what those issues were.

Would you recommend updating AirData before doing the firmware update, or after? Any issues updating AirData now, without the DJI SC firmware update?

Reactions: RogerMav
We just release version 1.37 with multiple fixes for the latest Smart Controller firmware:

For those who are still having problems - please try this build.

If you still have an issue with build 37, please go to Settings -> Scroll down and click "Send debug info to Airdata" - and send us a quick email to [email protected] with your Airdata username and what flights are not synchronizing.

Thanks!
Thanks. Just updated and everything is working with the logs syncing on the current smart controller firmware with one exception. The 'Recent Flights' isn't showing any new flights in the AirData app or Website home screen. It does show the flights in the 'My Logs' tab of the web page under 'Flights'. I'll submit a log to AirData Support.

I haven’t upgraded yet. Personally I wait a minimum of 7 days after a release to make sure there are no issues, and if there are, I wait at least 7 days after the last reported issue is solved depending on what those issues were.

Would you recommend updating AirData before doing the firmware update, or after? Any issues updating AirData now, without the DJI SC firmware update?

You can upgrade the Airdata app now - it will work well with the older as well as the newer firmware versions.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Thanks. Just updated and everything is working with the logs syncing on the current smart controller firmware with one exception. The 'Recent Flights' isn't showing any new flights in the AirData app or Website home screen. It does show the flights in the 'My Logs' tab of the web page under 'Flights'. I'll submit a log to AirData Support.
Great!

The "Recent flights" in the app and and in the Home screen will currently only show flights that have proper coordinates. If you did a few indoor flights or test flights with no location info then these will only show in the "My Logs" tab.

Hope this helps!

Great!

The "Recent flights" in the app and and in the Home screen will currently only show flights that have proper coordinates. If you did a few indoor flights or test flights with no location info then these will only show in the "My Logs" tab.

Hope this helps!
Perfect... makes sense. Thanks for confirming!

Reactions: RogerMav
I have tried the Airdata but the flight readouts it has in the DJI go 4 app over lap their readouts as well as in the inteeligent flight modes when you want to set up say a hyperlapse or similar you press the screen icon but its partially covered by a Airdata reading. quite annoying so I have uninstalled it . Also the Opensky app doesnt work .Keeps coming up with App closing prompt.And I also get a System UI closing prompt now too. Maybe I should just roll back to previous firmware?

I have tried the Airdata but the flight readouts it has in the DJI go 4 app over lap their readouts as well as in the inteeligent flight modes when you want to set up say a hyperlapse or similar you press the screen icon but its partially covered by a Airdata reading. quite annoying so I have uninstalled it . Also the Opensky app doesnt work .Keeps coming up with App closing prompt.And I also get a System UI closing prompt now too. Maybe I should just roll back to previous firmware?
I had to format my SC after upgrading. That solved the system UI message. Everything seems to be working now for me. Maybe try formatting and see if that corrects it for you as well.

The Airdata mobile app does NOT place any overlay on top of any other app. We do not interfere with the DJI GO screens or messages. Once you close/minimize the Airdata mobile app then you will not see any messages from Airdata. Perhaps you are confusing the DJI GO messages with Airdata, or messages from a different app unrelated to Airdata.

Reactions: WingsAA
So formatting you mean essentially you wipe the controller and start fresh hey.? Is there a link on how to do this?
Actually... I meant factory reset the Smart Controller and then also format the SD card (if you have).

To factory reset... power on the controller, go to settings and then scroll down to 'Factory Data Reset'.

This thread makes me not want to upgrade the firmware especially with all the hubbub about RID by the FAA. Maybe DJI is sneaking in software to comply with geofencing, kill switch, etc?

I updated my SC via Wi-Fi 2 weeks ago and didn't have any issues. All my flight data is still there and my M2Z flies just fine. I even have Google Play on my SC which I've heard has caused some issues with the update. I've only used the DJI Asst2 to update my M2Z once and haven't used it since.

Today, my update went smooth using DJI Assistant on Windows.
(fresh download and installation of DJI Assistant 2 made as step 1)

The Mavic 2 remains visible so that the firmware can be up- and downgrade or refreshed.

Today, my update went smooth using DJI Assistant on Windows.
(fresh download and installation of DJI Assistant 2 made as step 1)

The Mavic 2 remains visible so that the firmware can be up- and downgrade or refreshed.

Thanks for sharing this. I guess I’ll try updating mine so I can get rid of the warning each time I fly. I only have one controller so have been reluctant to update given the many reports of issues with the update...

Is there a special process to upgrade, or should we just install the new version over the old (without losing any history, or losing track of which logs have been uploaded)?

If you upgrade using the manual APK download link - simply install the newer version over the old one (without uninstalling the old one first), this way everything will be saved without losing track of which logs were already synced.
If you used the Play Store to install the Airdata app - simply click "Update" in the Play Store.

Reactions: Muddiver and ff22
If you upgrade using the manual APK download link - simply install the newer version over the old one (without uninstalling the old one first), this way everything will be saved without losing track of which logs were already synced.
If you used the Play Store to install the Airdata app - simply click "Update" in the Play Store.

OK, that worked, thank you. I used the link because I don't have the Play Store installed on my Smart Controller. I've made the choice to keep the SC as clean as possible to avoid any possible conflicts/issues.

Has anyone have prob with the new update got to try it out today and got half mile of so away and a message popped up top let in red fly with caution your out of line of sight it didn't stop the drone but I turned around any ways any on else get this message

Has anyone have prob with the new update got to try it out today and got half mile of so away and a message popped up top let in red fly with caution your out of line of sight it didn't stop the drone but I turned around any ways any on else get this message

I haven’t seen that one mine, but have never flown that far away. I want mine to be within line of sight.

I haven’t seen that one mine, but have never flown that far away. I want mine to be within line of sight.
I usually try to stay close but had to check the property and 150 acres isn't line of sight

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead