DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC software version 1.00.0650

Did you do a factory reset?
And don't touch SC when plugging in? (step 3 and 4)
Also, you might try first uninstalling/reinstalling Assistant first and using the provided DJI USB cable.

Yes, I tried all of & still a no go

Success!
Factory reset completed.
SC updated to newest .0650.
Assistant 2 working.

Method I did:

1) Reformatted SD card
2) Factory reset
3) Start DJI Assistant 2
3) Turn on SC (USB debug is on by default. If not, turn it on) and plug into computer
4) DON'T select USB transfer method/charging - don't touch the SC!
5) It will 'bing-bong' twice, and DJI Assistant 2 will now show SC
6) click the SC, and on the version screen, select .065 refresh
7) It will do it's thing, pausing awhile at 16%, and at 98% then will reboot 2x
8) will then come up with 100% complete

I tried so many things.
Last thing I did was uninstall Assistant and remove all registery entries.
No luck.

Interesting thing:

RM500.cfg file location changed to: Internal shared storage\encrypt
and reads:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<dji>
<device id="rm500">
<firmware formal="01.00.0650">
<release version="01.00.0650" antirollback="1" antirollback_ext="cn:3" enforce="0" enforce_ext="cn:0"

So, seems the .cfg file reading .0560 is part of the problem with failed updates.

Capt’n I just got off the phone with DJI & they want me to send in my SC. I don’t really want to do this. I’m going to try your method again but I have a couple of questions.
1. Reformat the SD card. What is this & how do I do it

2. USB debug is on by default. How do I check this?

Thanks for your time

Just as a sideline question, I do not want this update so how do I prevent all future updates of any kind on my smart controller when near a wifi connection like at home?

I updated mine and everything went just fine. 100% completed and after connecting to the M2P everything still looks good.

BUT then I tried to install Litchi (update) and guess what the PACKAGE INSTALLER keeps stopping. I tried other application packages NO LUCK!
It looks like DJI (intentionally?) broke the package installer. I downgraded to the previous version - everything looks good and the installer works fine on the old version.

Has anyone tried this after the update? Am I the only one running into this issue?
My first SC failed update, when then doing the Litchi install, the SC popped up a message something like you said 'package installer closed'.
But the Litchi install was still running and completed and did a full install - I flew it later no problems.
The 2nd, new successful update, it just installed normal.

You might make sure all other apps are closed/forced stopped before installing.

Thoughts on the flaky DJI update - it's doing 3 big things at once:
1) Upgrading Android kernal
2) Upgrading SC firmware
3) updating DJI Go app
So, 3 different areas to encounter problems.
In hindsight, DJI might ought to have done 1 at a time!
And updating over wifi - might fail and then corrupt something causing problems.
Or not doing a full-proper update. Or work perfect. Hard to say.
Using the Assistant seems the safest/proper route.

Reactions: JS1600
Capt’n I just got off the phone with DJI & they want me to send in my SC. I don’t really want to do this. I’m going to try your method again but I have a couple of questions.
1. Reformat the SD card. What is this & how do I do it

2. USB debug is on by default. How do I check this?

Thanks for your time
1) reformat: Settings / Storage - SD Card - Formating

2) Debug:

Look for Developer Options on the Settings Screen, it's near the bottom.
If it's listed there (meaning on) , go to 2). If not, do 1) and 2)
1) To turn on developer mode:
a) go to Settings / About remote controller / System Version and tap it 7 times
This will give you a new Developer Options line in the Settings menu
2) Enter developer options, scroll down a little, and turn on USB debugging

My equipment, Mavic 2 Pro and Smart RC.

January 11 I updated Smart RC to FW V01.00.0650.

After that date, there are no updates in Flight Data.

Windows 10 does not recognize Smart RC connected to USB with standard USB-C cable. Solve this problem by using the flat USB-C cable that came with Smart RC.

Flight Data is now saved to Smart RC's internal memory in the folder:
Internal DJI /dji.go.v4/FlightRecord.

The problem is that in DJI GO 4 in Smart RC updates Flight Record from the folder:
Internal DJI_RECORD, which does not contain the new files generated for each flight.

My solution to this problem, while waiting for DJI to solve the problem, is to copy all files from:
Internal DJIdji.go.v4 /FlightRecord
to Internal DJI_RECORD.

Now I have the latest Flight Record numbers, I always want to check my flights on the map in Flight Records when I get home after my flights.

Just as a sideline question, I do not want this update so how do I prevent all future updates of any kind on my smart controller when near a wifi connection like at home?

You can turn off the wifi on the Smart Controller, but it will not update to a new firmware unless you tell it. When you first start it, on the upper left it should show "checking for updates", and then if one is available, you have the option to update. BTW I believe it shows this even if you have wifi on the SC turned off. I always have the wifi off on mine.

Paul C

I successfully updated to 650 using Assistant. Everything seems to be okay with one exception. AirData HD Sync no longer, well, syncs. I verified that the Token is good. Have WiFi connection. Press Sync and it says it synced. But the Total Files Uploaded does not change, nor do my recent flights appear on AirData. Any ideas?

I successfully updated to 650 using Assistant. Everything seems to be okay with one exception. AirData HD Sync no longer, well, syncs. I verified that the Token is good. Have WiFi connection. Press Sync and it says it synced. But the Total Files Uploaded does not change, nor do my recent flights appear on AirData. Any ideas?
The flight records are now saved to Internal memory even if you have 'save to SD card' setting:
Internal shared storage\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
If you want to have them sync,
in the SC file manager, browse to that location/file(s), long press it, and move (or copy) to:
SD card\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
Now it will show up on the home page flight records and can be synced

Reactions: Gindra and ff22
The flight records are now saved to Internal memory even if you have 'save to SD card' setting:
Internal shared storage\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
If you want to have them sync,
in the SC file manager, browse to that location/file(s), long press it, and move (or copy) to:
SD card\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
Now it will show up on the home page flight records and can be synced

Thanks! Does this mean I'll have to do this after every flight if I want those flights to sync?

DJI seems to have fixed the problem, my flight this morning updated the Flight Record without any moving of records from my side.

Hi. I tried to update my controller to the version 650 but the last version that appears in dji assistant is 550.
Am I missing some step to update it to the last version?

While trying to update the smart controller using assistant 2, when the update gets to 16% the controller shuts off. I've tried several times with different computers.
You can go to Display in the Main Settings and change the screen timeout to a max of 30 minutes, I believe. You can also keep tapping the darn screen. Good luck

Reactions: DadCorso80
We're working on an updated version of the Airdata app to accomodate this change in the DJI firmware, so you won't have to do this manually. It should be ready in the next day or two.

We're working on an updated version of the Airdata app to accomodate this change in the DJI firmware, so you won't have to do this manually. It should be ready in the next day or two.
Thanks eran - but another NEW update 1/16 may have 'fixed' the log location problem?
Might check that out.

Thanks eran - but another NEW update 1/16 may have 'fixed' the log location problem?
Might check that out.
Thanks for letting me know about the new update from today. I don't see it available on our device here yet. Do you know what version is it?

Either way, our update should accommodate both cases.

Thanks for letting me know about the new update from today. I don't see it available on our device here yet. Do you know what version is it?

Either way, our update should accommodate both cases.
Its the same version number, just a new date 1/16.
That's 3 version with same .065. (DOH!)
It still saves flight logs to Internal, but now the apps are programmed to look in Internal for sync.

3rd update completed.
Same as before, long pause at updating 16% and 98% then reboot 2x.
Didn't reformat SD card or factory reset as needed before, so Litchi and SD card intact.

Flew 1 battery both DJI Go and Litchi - all was good.

Flight logs are STILL stored to the new Internal location vs. the old SD location.
BUT, the apps are now looking to Internal, so flight logs sync.
I DID have problems syncing them for awhile at first.
Seems to be a problem with DJI servers. It finally did sync after numerous tries.

NOTE: you should sync your logs before updating, as the update WILL delete all previous logs from the SC,
and requires a successful sync to get them back on the device.

Over and out

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys