DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC software version 1.00.0650

I was just preparing to upgrade the firmware of the Smart Controller, but there seem to be some teething problems with a) the upgrade method and b) the upgraded firmware. Since my old version works fine, I'd rather wait for a fix from DJI before losing any time over this process.
Am I wrong somehow ?
No. Sensible to wait. Both here and elsewhere there are too many reports of issues. Chinese text in menus, Win 10 USB driver and connection issues etc.

Reactions: ff22 and W2EJ
Not sure there is a need to update DJI Assistant 2 from 2.0.8 to 2.0.10 unless you have a MM

Annotation 2020-01-11 061525.jpg

1.00.0650 update went fine the first time although it took an hour due to my slow DSL. I have not flown with it yet, but USB connection to Win10 still works fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
I Had A Hell Of A Time, Stopped At 98 Percent. Took About An Hour To Do 2 SC Thru Assistant. All I Know Is On The Update Page When Scrolled All The Way Down It Now Reads The 650 Update, And It Seems To Be Working. Was NO FUN AT ALL...

I went to charge my SC today and I was notified there was an update to 1.00.0650.

I went ahead with download and install on the SC. Download was OK and update apparently OK except there was a update loop where I was repeatedly offered to update again. The update had NOT been carried out.

On reading the accompanying info regarding the features of the update the very last piece of info was that the update MUST BE DONE via SOFTWARE ASSISTANT and not via the SC itself.

Connected to laptop with Assistant V2.0.10 and attempted to update. Failed 3 times without clear indication of why. Uploaded a log to DJI.

Finally the update was successful despite seemingly to have stopped at 98% in Assistant. The SC now shows 1.00.0650 and 4.3.28 for GO 4.

However matters do not end there! I attempted to connect via Assistant to the SC and no matter how I plug/unplug/restart and restart Assistant I cannot now connect to the SC any longer. I repeatedly get USB device unrecognised. This is on 2 separate laptops with Assistant 2.0.10 which is latest Windows version AFAIK.

So in a nutshell. Updated but longer can connect to the SC via Assistant and looks as though updates via SC itself are not possible.

Okay, I just updated mine over the smart controller itself. I set the M2Z on the floor and turned it on. Then started the SC and went in go 4 app. It checked right away and found an update available, I told it to go ahead and download which took a quite a while even on a fast internet connection. It then came up and asked to install, and I told it to go ahead. While it was installing I was looking through the features it was adding. As I was scrolling down the list near the end was a "note" that the update needs to be done with assistant 2. By that time it was well into the install. At the end of the install it reboots the smart controller (it actually looks like it reboots twice according to the lights on the AC), and goes to the main screen. I started the go 4 app and started the motors with the sticks, and it seems to work fine. Just a note, my smart controller is basically right the way it came out of the box except for normal routine updates. I wonder if third party apps that have been installed could be causing issues. Just a thought? By the way, the whole process probably took about 10 minutes to complete.

Hi, my SC updated ok. No Chinese fonts, the quick start works fine. Also noticed that when the go4 app crashed on me( I was trying to change the map to hybrid but would not because the WiFi had not started up, I was constantly pressing the hybrid icon thinking it was a map issue and go4 crashed)the app restarted itself good, to know.

Reactions: SIT
I was just preparing to upgrade the firmware of the Smart Controller, but there seem to be some teething problems with a) the upgrade method and b) the upgraded firmware. Since my old version works fine, I'd rather wait for a fix from DJI before losing any time over this process.
Am I wrong somehow ?

Here’s one vote for that being the “right” approach :).

Reactions: Muddiver and SIT
SC was perfect before the update.

Now, no flight logs showing.
Also, can't connect to PC to transfer files.
I connect to the PC, there is no 'connection' sound and it does not appear in Windows Explorer.
It also does not appear under hardware device manager.
A notice DOES come up that it is charging under slow mode.
So the SC has a physical connection to the PC.
But now the PC does not recognize the PC as a portable device or USB connection or anything.

edit: Using the SC file browser to check for flight records.
All my previous flight records have been stored under:
SanDisk SD card / DJI / dji.go.v4 / FlightRecord

After update, new flights are now stored in Internal DJI / dji.go.v4 / FlightRecord

And now the new ones that are now being stored in Internal aren't listed in the Flight Data screen on the SC,and can't be synced with DJI servers.

Also, the SC will no longer connect to DJI Assistant v 2.0.10.
As I wrote, the PC does not 'know' a portable device has been plugged in, so Assistant also can't connect

Reactions: Paul2660
I have just upgraded the smart controller from version 01.00.0530 to the newest 1.00.0650 via my home WiFi internet connection. Download and installation succeeded at the first attempt and without any problems. There was no computer involved.
On my previous attempt some time ago when trying to upgrade to 1.00.0530 it was not possible to perform this via the dji Assistant software. Attempts on several computer didn't get the job done. The smart controller was never recognized on the computers. So when I gave up on this strategy and tries the simple WiFi connection it worked right away.
On this last upgrade to 1.00.0650 I didn't even bother to try the Assistant Software.
Hope this helps to confirm that the WiFi solution is working although the message on the sc screen recommends to use the Assistant.

To finish with my contributions to this neverending topic, I would just repeat my experience with SC firmware updates.

My SC only updates (this version, as well as previous .530) via mobile internet, connected to Hotspot that is my mobile phone.

There is no logic, at least I don't see it, but that's how it works for me.

And no, DJI assistant on my Windows 10 don't want to see my SC, so I uninstalled it and don't have problems with it.

SC was perfect before the update.

Now, no flight logs showing.
Also, can't connect to PC to transfer files.
I connect to the PC, there is no 'connection' sound and it does not appear in Windows Explorer.
It also does not appear under hardware device manager.
A notice DOES come up that it is charging under slow mode.
So the SC has a physical connection to the PC.
But now the PC does not recognize the PC as a portable device or USB connection or anything.

edit: Using the SC file browser to check for flight records.
All my previous flight records have been stored under:
SanDisk SD card / DJI / dji.go.v4 / FlightRecord

After update, new flights are now stored in Internal DJI / dji.go.v4 / FlightRecord

And now the new ones that are now being stored in Internal aren't listed in the Flight Data screen on the SC,and can't be synced with DJI servers.

Also, the SC will no longer connect to DJI Assistant v 2.0.10.
As I wrote, the PC does not 'know' a portable device has been plugged in, so Assistant also can't connect
Ditto. Exact same experience.

Others seem to have updated successfully via Wifi and no Assistant. I tried that and got an endless loop of saying there was an update which never actually worked until I used Assistant which worked - seemingly but now the SC is unrecognised by Assistant.

There are other reasons for wanting to use Assistant so not just a matter of it worked by wifi so why bother.

As far as I know the update suggests the firmware cannot be rolled back. That is/was one reason for using Assistant as you could see previous firmware versions and could roll back. We shall see if Assistant ever gets updated rollback is then offered.

Reactions: CaptHook
As far as I know the update suggests the firmware cannot be rolled back. That is/was one reason for using Assistant as you could see previous firmware versions and could roll back. We shall see if Assistant ever gets updated rollback is then offered.

Yea, spent some time looking to see about rolling back the update.
Problem is, the only way I've ever seen how is using the Assistant.
But now that the PC doesn't 'see' the SC connection, Assistant doesn't either, so can't use it.

Very tempted to do a factory reset.
Will wait a few days and try some more things first.

Gotta say, DJI updates are always a nightmare.
People complain about Microsoft.
But if they were anything like DJI, they would have been out of business a long time ago.

Reactions: jdjerich
Ok - a workaround fix for USB connection:

1) Turn on developer mode:
a) go to Settings / About remote controller / System Version and tap it 7 times
This will give you a Developer Options line in the Settings menu
2) Enter developer options
a) scroll like half way down, looking for 'Select USB Configuration'
b) change the option to MTP

You should get the familiar 'bing-bong' connection noise and the SC is now available as an MTP device.
However, after disconnecting the SC, this process doesn't 'stick' and will need to be done each time you want to connect.
(the changing USB part - the developer options stay)

Gonna try connecting to DJI Assistant now to rollback.
The Android Kernal was also updated with this update.
The earlier/problem (my current) version is dated Jan 6, the newest is dated Jan 11.

No luck connecting to DJI Assistant.
The program window just sits there doing nothing.
Worthless.

FYI: If you want USB Configuration to stay MTP, you can turn on USB debugging:

1) scroll down a little ways to 'USB debugging' and slide the switch to on.
2) double check the MTP connection is still selected as before

Now, it might 'stick'.
Problems, drag down from the top of the home screen.
You should have 2 notification bubbles.
Select the one that says USB for ... and select file transfer.

I previously used USB debugging, but turned off because it is.... ummm - buggy HAHA o_O

It's hard to say exactly what went on here today with the update. I was so excited to see an unexpected update for the SC and the DJI Go4 app, that I did not read all the instructions before downloading the update to the SC via WiFi. Imagine that! So after downloading, I started reading the posts here and saw that the update was supposed to be done with the DJI Assistant 2 app, so I didn't hit install, and tried to hook up with my computer. I first updated Assistant 2 to v2.0.10. I couldn't get that to work either, because the computer never saw the SC. I went back and figured I would try the download as that has always worked for me. This time, all I got was 1%, and it never went further. I tried other USB ports, even a 2.0 port, and that one at least made a sound when I plugged it in. Still no luck. I did all the steps that the SC User Manual said to do under System Update with Assistant 2, but without the USB connection, that was doomed. I restarted the SC several times without success. Then I thought maybe because I had already downloaded the update, that's why it wouldn't hook up with Assistant 2, kind of a dumb idea, and even dumber, I removed the SD card from the SC figuring maybe the download was there. Well, when I restarted the SC and it asked if I wanted to install the downloaded update, I said yes, and it started at 5%, and kept on going. It completed the install, restarted and everything worked! It updated DJI Go4 too. It was definitely the WiFi download that worked, because I never was connected to the computer via USB. Later on I read a very good description of how to fix the USB problem by @PAW in post #22. I tried that and I noticed that I didn't have the MTP device in Portable Devices under Device Manager. I then reread that great post and saw that there was a screen that would pop up on the SC itself asking how you wanted to use the connection. Once I saw that and picked "Transfer Files", I heard the usual sound of a USB device connecting, and MTP appeared in Device Manager, and without an error no less. Then Assistant 2 also worked and I could see the proper updates were installed. Well that was a long story, but I hope it will help someone.

Reactions: JS1600 and CaptHook
I went to charge my SC today and I was notified there was an update to 1.00.0650.

I went ahead with download and install on the SC. Download was OK and update apparently OK except there was a update loop where I was repeatedly offered to update again. The update had NOT been carried out.

On reading the accompanying info regarding the features of the update the very last piece of info was that the update MUST BE DONE via SOFTWARE ASSISTANT and not via the SC itself.

Connected to laptop with Assistant V2.0.10 and attempted to update. Failed 3 times without clear indication of why. Uploaded a log to DJI.

Finally the update was successful despite seemingly to have stopped at 98% in Assistant. The SC now shows 1.00.0650 and 4.3.28 for GO 4.

However matters do not end there! I attempted to connect via Assistant to the SC and no matter how I plug/unplug/restart and restart Assistant I cannot now connect to the SC any longer. I repeatedly get USB device unrecognised. This is on 2 separate laptops with Assistant 2.0.10 which is latest Windows version AFAIK.

So in a nutshell. Updated but longer can connect to the SC via Assistant and looks as though updates via SC itself are not possible.
I have the same problem too. Assistant does not see the SC now. Had a message saying unstable connection after the download was done. So that's that.. will have all future downloads via the SC from now on. It must have changed the software somewhere. Another bug they need to fix.

Initial update:
Screenshot_20200110-203133.png

Followup update using manual refresh with DJI Assistant 2 on PC:
Screenshot_20200112-043727.png

Not sure there is a need to update DJI Assistant 2 from 2.0.8 to 2.0.10 unless you have a MM

View attachment 90449

1.00.0650 update went fine the first time although it took an hour due to my slow DSL. I have not flown with it yet, but USB connection to Win10 still works fine.
Thanks for reporting that the usb still works since there are many reports of problems with this update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldh02111