DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC software version 1.00.0650

I went to charge my SC today and I was notified there was an update to 1.00.0650.

I went ahead with download and install on the SC. Download was OK and update apparently OK except there was a update loop where I was repeatedly offered to update again. The update had NOT been carried out.

On reading the accompanying info regarding the features of the update the very last piece of info was that the update MUST BE DONE via SOFTWARE ASSISTANT and not via the SC itself.

Connected to laptop with Assistant V2.0.10 and attempted to update. Failed 3 times without clear indication of why. Uploaded a log to DJI.

Finally the update was successful despite seemingly to have stopped at 98% in Assistant. The SC now shows 1.00.0650 and 4.3.28 for GO 4.

However matters do not end there! I attempted to connect via Assistant to the SC and no matter how I plug/unplug/restart and restart Assistant I cannot now connect to the SC any longer. I repeatedly get USB device unrecognised. This is on 2 separate laptops with Assistant 2.0.10 which is latest Windows version AFAIK.

So in a nutshell. Updated but longer can connect to the SC via Assistant and looks as though updates via SC itself are not possible.

Mine has succeeded, and that via mobile Internet, despite they say it must be done through the Assistant app.

I am not able to connect to DJI Assistant for about 6 months now, completely left the idea of ever again trying.

Good thing is the update looks fine, flew one battery worth. Even saved points of interest and the trajectory I am shooting repeatedly are working fine.

Did this firmware address anything specific as a fix or add anything new?

If not I might just stay back one version.

Paul C

Good thing is the update looks fine,
Did you check it actually updated? I'm sure you did but as pointed out updating from SC via wifi seemed to work but didn't.

Which version of Assistant were you using that failed? 2.0.10 is the latest. I seem to remember 2.0.08 didn't work for me.

@Paul2660 there doesn't seem to be any documentation other than what appears when you actually update. Probably best for you to leave it alone as there wasn't as I recall anything vital. Bugfixes and introduction of further bugs! if you are cynical. Certainly Assistant no longer connects to the SC after update (for me anyway) - that's for sure!

It says it is updated, see photo.

1578676591673.jpeg

Concerning what's new, the first thing I remember from update screen is that if you enable it in DJI Lab, "SkyTalk can be used for live streaming or making video calls".

Furthermore, there is a kind of "status bar" on the bottom of the screen, that shows basic aircraft parameters, such as battery level, height, distance...

Also quick setup with SC is now even quicker, as you can opt to go directly to fly mode when powering-on the SC.

Last edited:
Once the update is done and goes back to the home screen turn the sc off and back on then go to updates the pic above should appear if so your all good to fly

I already turned it On and Off multiple times, and it says it is new version.

As I said, had a long flight immediately after the update, and it all went well.

However, the point of my post was that the DJI should inform us when they have an upcoming update, why should it be so hard?

And would be very convenient.

I was just trying to figure out how to stream on YouTube, but was not able to login. How you downloaded Google play services to SC?

To Facebook I managed to login, but streaming doesn't work either.
update stopped my google play services from working

Last edited:
Reactions: jdjerich
I’ve been trying to update mine via WiFi. It downloaded fine but when I tried to install it gets stuck at 1% and doesn’t move. Have had to hard shutdown the remote but keep getting the message that I need to update. Appreciate any ideas anyone may have. I’ll try via computer and see if I can get it to connect

I got my SC updated just now.
Tried over WiFi 3 times, no luck.
Seemed like it worked, went through the whole process, but didn't 'stick'.
It does say the SC needs to be done with DJI Assistant.

So, I hooked up to computer and fired up DJI Assistant. (upgraded the 2.08 to 2.10 first)
It went through the same process as on WiFi, but when done, it was all good to go.
It also updated DJI GO app.

Only thing now is, later when I plugged the SC back into the computer to transfer files,
it doesn't do 'hook up'.
The charging notice comes up, but there is no 'connection clang' or transfer dialog.
Seems like the update killed SC -> computer file transfer.

I was just preparing to upgrade the firmware of the Smart Controller, but there seem to be some teething problems with a) the upgrade method and b) the upgraded firmware. Since my old version works fine, I'd rather wait for a fix from DJI before losing any time over this process.
Am I wrong somehow ?

Reactions: ff22 and RogerMav
Anyone else got USB problems after the update?

My Win 10 PC no longer recognizes the Smart Controller as a portable device for transferring files, so there's no way to browse it from the PC.

I can't find any drivers to fix this

Reactions: CaptHook
mine actually works better, before the update it only saw the internal memory , now it sees both internal and sd card,

go into your device manager, look under portable devices m500 should be listed there, with sc plugged into pc, try using usb2 and not usb3

Reactions: Cloudhopper
Updated mine yesterday & it worked fine, it does pause at 98% but patience was required for it to complete.
Details below:

Reactions: Gindra

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi