DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC software version 1.00.0650

Its the same version number, just a new date 1/16.
That's 3 version with same .065. (DOH!)
It still saves flight logs to Internal, but now the apps are programmed to look in Internal for sync.

Thanks!

If anyone is interested in beta testing Airdata app version 34, to verify our fix for the newest SmartController firmware - please email us at [email protected] and mention this thread. Thanks!

Last edited:
errr - sorry - the date is 1/13.
So that's 3 versions: 1/6 , 1/11 , 1/13
The SC won't say new version available because it's the same version number.
Connect to Assistant and refresh.

Reactions: ff22
An advantage that DJI now stores flight data in internal memory instead of on the SD card, makes updating flight data so much faster.

However, the novelty of not keeping track of folders used by the various programs is unforgivable at this level.

This problem is similar to the design of the USB-2 connector in the original RC to M2P, retangular design, which causes many unnecessary wear when the connector is pressed incorrectly, poor engineering.

Last edited:
I may be confused (not unusual). I updated the Assistant version on my Win10 computer. Ran Assistant. Plugged in SC. I don't see any evidence in the Assistant program that anything is happening but the SC has prompted me about updates.

Should the SC show up in the Assistant? I have not done this in a while!!!

Hmmm. I got a message on the SC "Update again" (and there was a chinese prompt at the top of the screen). I think that I'm using the cable but maybe it is doing it via wifi??????????????????

Why can't they make this a more clear cut process. (is says V 0650)

Back again. I just downgraded Assistant to 2.07. The SC now shows up and offered and upgrade (Jan 13 date). Let's see what happens now.

Last edited:

Back again. I just downgraded Assistant to 2.07. The SC now shows up and offered and upgrade (Jan 13 date). Let's see what happens now.
You shouldn't really have needed to downgrade to 2.0.07 but Jan 13 is the one you want so you should be fine now.

Reactions: Thomas B
You shouldn't really have needed to downgrade to 2.0.07 but Jan 13 is the one you want so you should be fine now.
I seem to be caught in a Update LOOP. I get Failed in Assistant. And "Update again" on the controller and Chinese prompt at the top.

Do you see the SC in Assistant when you connect via USB cable? If you do, do you see as current version one ending .650?
If so refresh the update and if it fails which it may do repeat

Where did you see the date 1/3?

It may be that you need to do a system reset if it fails repeatedly. In which case go back and read post #48 and post of mine following up @CaptHook's #48 post.

If the update is originally carried out on the SC via Wifi there has clearly been for many users corruption of the firmware and updating over it isn't always an answer so requires a system reset and THEN update to .650 VIA Assistant preferably 2.0.08 or 2.0,10 which was updated to cope with MMini so .08 should be fine not sure about .07. DJI do not make it clear until after the event that update via SC and Wifi is NOT ADVISED even if for some it has worked or APPEARED to have worked.

I may be confused (not unusual). I updated the Assistant version on my Win10 computer. Ran Assistant. Plugged in SC. I don't see any evidence in the Assistant program that anything is happening but the SC has prompted me about updates.

Should the SC show up in the Assistant? I have not done this in a while!!!
Use Assistant 2.10
USB debug should be on, and don't select/touch the SC after connecting:
3) Start DJI Assistant 2
3) Turn on SC (USB debug is on by default. If not, turn it on) and plug into computer
4) DON'T select USB transfer method/charging - don't touch the SC!
5) It will 'bing-bong' twice, and DJI Assistant 2 will now show SC

Basically, Assistant will recognize the SC (for a quick 1 second) , then it will 'bing-bong', the SC will disappear,
then it will 'bing-bong' again, then the SC will reappear,
If you select a transfer method on the SC (ie. touch it), the SC will disappear again until unplugging and starting again.

Last edited:
Use Assistant 2.10
USB debug should be on, and don't select/touch the SC after connecting:
3) Start DJI Assistant 2
3) Turn on SC (USB debug is on by default. If not, turn it on) and plug into computer
4) DON'T select USB transfer method/charging - don't touch the SC!
5) It will 'bing-bong' twice, and DJI Assistant 2 will now show SC

Basically, Assistant will recognize the SC (for a quick 1 second) , then it will 'bing-bong', the SC will disappear,
then it will 'bing-bong' again, then the SC will reappear,
If you select a transfer method on the SC (ie. touch it), the SC will disappear again until unplugging and starting again.
I refreshed the 530 (or whatever version) and that went to completion.

I am giving 650 another try. I went into Dev Options and turned on USB debug - it was off. I also removed my sd card.

Wish me luck. But, seriously, this should not be such a trial and error process. If it fails on Win10 desktop, it is off to a win10 laptop and then another win10 laptop and then a 3rd if necessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At 93% on Assistant (newest version). Now transmitting. Nothing particular showing on the SC - it is in camera mode. I'm not touching it other than to keep the screen alive (30 minute timeout but still...)

That **** paper airplane is again circling (I hope not the drain!!). 5%. I'm sure it will stall at the good ol' 16% (it must do a lot of processing between 16% and 16.00001% (g)).

well my old version still worked after the update, uninstalled that and installed new version, now I cant sync, went back to old version, now that don't sync, think I should have left it alone as the old one was working, also at first it was not showing my correct location, but after a controller firmware refresh it showed correct location but sync still didn't work.

Last edited:
You can go to Display in the Main Settings and change the screen timeout to a max of 30 minutes, I believe. You can also keep tapping the darn screen. Good luck
This right here saved me a ton of headache, thanks for the tip.

Same issue here. DJI Go4 doesn't have the flight record nor does the syncing work for AirData. I have the SDcard inserted in my SC... since day 1 and have it set as the primary storage location. Post firmware upgrade to the SC, something is out of whack with the identification of the storage location. I found the missing flight logs located on the internal memory not the SD card. I manually moved them from internal to SD card using the file explorer and everything showes in AirData and DJI flight history.
I then tried changing the storage location back to the internal location and rebooting then chaging back to the SD card location and rebooting. I'll make a test flight tonight and see if it logs it correctly. If not... I may reset the SC or rollback the firmware. Havent decided which yet. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Just to update... it's writing all the logs to internal SC memory not the SD card... regardless of which you specify. If you change the storage to internal then sync, your logs will appear and sync. So, it's either the updated SC formware or new DJI Go4 app or possibly the combo of them together. Looks like DJI is aware of this based on this thread from the DJI suport forums: new FW V01.00.0650-No flight log

Regardless, definitely a bug somewhere.

Just to update... it's writing all the logs to internal SC memory not the SD card... regardless of which you specify. If you change the storage to internal then sync, your logs will appear and sync. So, it's either the updated SC formware or new DJI Go4 app or possibly the combo of them together. Looks like DJI is aware of this based on this thread from the DJI suport forums: new FW V01.00.0650-No flight log

Regardless, definitely a bug somewhere.
What is the date of your firmware? Needs to be Jan 13th at least. Have you read post #90?

What is the date of your firmware? Needs to be Jan 13th at least. Have you read post #90?
I updated to the current FW on the 17th. Yes, I saw post 90. That isn't working either.

I'm going to try and refresh the firmware first and see if that corrects anything.

**Update**
So I refreshed the firmware and issue still persists. Flight logs show in Go4 using internal storage with sd card removed but syncing with the new AirData app or old HD Sync doesn't work. Also getting an error message 'System UI has stopped'.

Looks like I'm going to rollback the SC firmware for now until this is resolved.

Last edited:
We just release version 1.37 with multiple fixes for the latest Smart Controller firmware:

For those who are still having problems - please try this build.

If you still have an issue with build 37, please go to Settings -> Scroll down and click "Send debug info to Airdata" - and send us a quick email to [email protected] with your Airdata username and what flights are not synchronizing.

Thanks!

Reactions: WingsAA
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22