DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller - Keyboard 'close' ?!?!?!

Reactions
Hi

Can anyone help here.
Flying on the edge of an area; Self Unlocking available and selected.
Number entered; Code requested, and received...
So far so good.
Now.
Entry of code requires using the keyboard. Which I've done...

...AND THE VERIFY/ENTER BUTTON IS NOW COVERED BY THE KEYBOARD!!!!

Did somebody give their brain a day off here - or is there a magic button I can't find to close the keyboard so I can select Verify?

'Go' does nothing by the way - other than to then display the Emoji keyboard!

Can anybody help - Or; DJI were you aware of this issue?

Please see screenshot attached.

Screenshot_20190701-124953.jpg

Last edited:
I've run into this on my last couple unlocks. Try hitting the back button, If I remember correctly that's what I did.

I've run into this on my last couple unlocks. Try hitting the back button, If I remember correctly that's what I did.
View attachment 76744
You Sir; are a steely-eyed Missile Man!

Thank you; it makes complete sense, but the obvious things always do - and always the last thing you ever think of!

Perhaps @DJI - A 'submit' button, or 'Hide keyboard' button might also be an idea for those of us who don't know this trick.
After all; the 'back'/'return' button seems at odds with what you're trying to do here.

Reactions: ff22

Thank you; it makes complete sense, but the obvious things always do - and always the last thing you ever think of!

Perhaps @DJI - A 'submit' button, or 'Hide keyboard' button might also be an idea for those of us who don't know this trick.
After all; the 'back'/'return' button seems at odds with what you're trying to do here.
Agreed, sometimes those "Hard" buttons are the last things we think of when working on-screen.

It is an Android thing - use the back button (in this case physical, in some a "touch" button)

Hi

Can anyone help here.
Flying on the edge of an area; Self Unlocking available and selected.
Number entered; Code requested, and received...
So far so good.
Now.
Entry of code requires using the keyboard. Which I've done...

...AND THE VERIFY/ENTER BUTTON IS NOW COVERED BY THE KEYBOARD!!!!

Did somebody give their brain a day off here - or is there a magic button I can't find to close the keyboard so I can select Verify?

'Go' does nothing by the way - other than to then display the Emoji keyboard!

Can anybody help - Or; DJI were you aware of this issue?

Please see screenshot attached.

View attachment 76741

Do not feel bad I spent a good 15 min trying everything too until I did what Aerial-Pixel said by accident. Such a hassle and you have to get it done in that 25 sec or else re-do again and again.

Reactions: TheObscureDrone
Or.... Just press the GO button (replaces Enter) and it will click the button for you....

Had that too, the other day ...
On a normal smartphone, the back button would point down to slide the keyboard to the bottom, but as the SC has the back button, one has to press this.

Go didn't work in the first place, as the country prefix was strangely left out.
On 2nd attemp, it work though.

So, return is your best friend but if possible, you can also hit Go. ;) ?

Just remember it's Android... So do what I did and install a decent keyboard that you can resize etc... I recommend SwiftKey (SwiftKey APKs - APKMirror) or if you have the GApps installed the Google Keyboard isn't bad either

Reactions: globetrotterdrone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi