DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

smart controller no range???

HEAVYD

Reactions
Hay yall i have the smart controller for my air 2 and idk why but i can only go like 450ft with ok signal i have the n1 controller and i can go way farther. Any one else having this problem???

Yes, I had the same problem. Worked fine with RCN1, but sucked with the new DJI RC. Contacted DJI and told them of my experience. I couldn’t get anything but one signal on my transmission page…NO dual mode. I sent it back to DJI techs and this coming Monday I will receive, hopefully, a fixed RC. DJI said, that it is a random fault 🧐

We’ll see…fingers crossed 🤞

Reactions: careless
Are you logged in? Sometimes when you do an update you need to re login. Also check settings to be sure not in "beginners mode"

Are you logged in? Sometimes when you do an update you need to re login. Also check settings to be sure not in "beginners mode"
It is my undestanding that you have to be logged in to do an update. On my Smart Controller it states it is up-to-date as I always check. My Air 2S is also up-to-date. I don't think that there is a beginners mode on the controller!! The range on my standard controller is great, proves nothing is wrong with the drone!! On the Smart Controller, it has the Go 4 App that does not work for the Air 2S only the Go Fly App works!!

Last edited:
Yes, I had the same problem. Worked fine with RCN1, but sucked with the new DJI RC. Contacted DJI and told them of my experience. I couldn’t get anything but one signal on my transmission page…NO dual mode. I sent it back to DJI techs and this coming Monday I will receive, hopefully, a fixed RC. DJI said, that it is a random fault 🧐

I hope it works for you, I purchased the combo kit at great expense. The range sucks, but works great with the standard controller. I can only get 1400 feet with the smart controller. I fear the worst that this was a total waste of money!!
I am flying the Air 2S a totally fabulous drone.

What the heck is that all about?
From YVRGUY:

He doesn't seem to realize the smart controller and the RC controller are NOT the same.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU