Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would take my money back because of technical issues

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I like it even with some issues

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • I like it and have had no issues

Votes: 37 67.3%

• Total voters
I was going by your quote in an interview, but if you say 4000 since 2016, that’s impressive. 4 repairs a day every day except Sunday’s (just an average) got 3 years. Your business is booming and good luck to you. That’s a **** of a lot of mavic repairs in the U.S. What are you guys doing to your drones up there :)

Of your 13000 posts, I would hardly say they are all free advice for people, I think a great many are just fluff, but I agree you are a helpful member of the community. You just don’t like to be disagreed with (my opinion from observations)

And my raisin d’etre, —— I just come here to read and learn and give my opinion on things at various times, maybe give advice where I think I can from my experience. Pretty much why most people are here I guess.
My RC experience may not be as vast as yours, but I’ve been in the aviation industry since I joined the airforce at 16, served 20 years in various squadrons including time as an instructor and have worked on everything from maritime defence, strategic bombers, drones (yes these have been around since the 50s) and trainers and aerobatic display team (RAAF Roulettes). Im an aerospace engineer and a pilot and have had RPAS qualification here in Australia for 10 years now. (when I did my CASA quals for RPAS, there was 15 of us in the country). I now still work with defence and some government departments in reguards to RPAS and I’m head of Aviation for Education Queensland. I have also helped establish and run the Cert 3 Aviation - RPAS in Australia, which is an academic qualification related to RPAS, soon to lead into a diploma course that will be offered at University level.
So I haven’t repaired a massive amount of DJI drones, but I have designed, tested, built, many drones as well as DJI platforms (I don’t keep count) and train others to do the same as well as training them to setup and operate RPAS in many scenarios including SAR, inspections and a multitude of other applications.
20 years military experience and 20years civilian experience in aviation.

We all bring something different to this table and everyone here has some form of validity to their opinions and posts. I learn something new nearly every week and will never have the opinion that I know it all because of me experience

Now I’m sure you will want the last word, so jump on in, I’m done
Btw, I enjoy our conversations and i agree that everyone brings something to the table here.

Reactions: AnzacJack
So you just carry around your drone and Smartcontroller? No extra batteries, no filters, no leg extenders?

For clarification. 1 bag containing

Mavic 2 Pro, SC, 3 batteries, 6 filters and a complete set of extra props.

For clarification. 1 bag containing

Mavic 2 Pro, SC, 3 batteries, 6 filters and a complete set of extra props.
My point was that you are already carrying around all of that, so carrying around a cs mount would be the only difference. You mentioned that you dont like to carry around all the extra cables etc for the cs

"I don't like needing cables/adapters/tablet holders etc... that's just more stuff to carry."

My point was that you are already carrying around all of that, so carrying around a cs mount would be the only difference. You mentioned that you dont like to carry around all the extra cables etc for the cs

"I don't like needing cables/adapters/tablet holders etc... that's just more stuff to carry."
That's actually my point completely. If I were to use the CS I would need 2 bring an additional device. The actual transmitter. Then I would need to bring my Mavic Mount and connection cables.

Right now I use 1 bag

DASIT.

This seems like a circular conversation. One that for me always comes back to the SmartController accomplishing 2 tasks and the other options requiring me to bring a transmitter, mount and cables. Then I have to assemble those parts to fly. For me that is a show stopper. I wanted 1 device instead of two. I wanted the easiest setup available.

The solution - Too easy, Smartcontroller - done! Adding to my decision was cost. Bundled Mavic 2 Pro and Smartcontroller is less than a Mavic 2 Pro and a CS.

Reactions: RogerMav and ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique