• I like it even with some issues

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • I like it and have had no issues

Votes: 37 67.3%

• Total voters

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
Now it has been in the wild for a while the user base seems to be divided. Just wondering what sort of numbers are for or against this tool. There has been some banter about this with other forum members and I’ve been saying that majority do like it, but I was thinking I may be way off and wrong.
Thanks for your participation

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
I most definitely like it. Simple to setup - there really isn't any setup. It is quite bright in sunlight. One battery to deal with. No cables. Definitely less unwieldy and clunky than dealing with a mount if you want a larger screen device. I find its balance terrific.

Now, I would really have appreciated it it ran the full Android experience so that 3rd party apps would be easier to install and run. But I can live with it since I still have my cell phone.

I like it for the convenience and bright display. I expected a solid device that would be reliable (avoiding the problem of the smart device disconnecting). However I have been recently very disappointed. Most updates happen automatically which results in some surprises. On my device, the Go 4 keeps crashing (very frequently with the the last update). I look down and see the Home screen instead of the camera or map view. It doesn't affect the control but annoying. Seems horribly complicated to just transfer say sceen dumps, the bluetooth doesn't connect to apple products like the ipad and then transferring to the SD card requires a lot of clicking and actions. Most recently, the Home point has disappeared from the map view when using the satellite overlay. The H is there in the data when viewed in Airdata/Healthy Drones data view but its worrying not to see it on the realtime view. A small bug is that if its fully charged then you turn it on and check a couple of things, turn it off and plug it in again, it will contine charging for ever. It would appear that it keeps trying to charge the last 1% but actually doesn't charge, wierd. Details have been sent to DJI. Also I love Autoflight Autopilot which doesn't work on Android and although I've never used Litchi, I'm guessing it would be better the Waypoints 2 which is very primitive. But I Litchi is not supported. All these things limit its use to basic tasks. More complicated jobs we revert to the I1Pro. In summary, I'm quite disappointed with the Smart Controller, but hope the bugs will be ironed out.

I like mine. I've been flying with it since Christmas. I've had zero problems, but then I'm not a professional so I can't say it's the end-all product. I'm just saying it works for me, and I'm still exploring all its capabilities. And yes you can cable over to a remote viewer.

I really like the stronger connection provided by the SC compared to the BC. The signal is better through obstacles (trees, branches, or hilly territory) . There is some bugs but overall i’m satisfied .
Not impressed with the brightness though.

Last edited:
I really like mine. Everything, configuration wise, setup to fly etc is so much easier and faster than using the old controller and connecting an ipad or iPhone. I especially like the function where you can screen copy the whole flight showing telemetry etc in your recording. I wouldn't go back to the old controller for nothing.

A great, but slightly pricey addition to a fun hobby. I have had no problems of any kind and enjoy the very shot time it takes me to get airborne - even with a short test flight. I would think it would to be even more of an asset to a commercial flyer.

I like mine. Fast deployment, small and easy to pack. Less (no) cables.

What I want to see improved is the offline maps to include satellite view. Seriously, when you are out in the boondocks without wifi, the standard map is a blank page that is almost useless since you can't even see topo lines on some maps. The sat view is much better but unavailable now.

I like it for the convenience and bright display. I expected a solid device that would be reliable (avoiding the problem of the smart device disconnecting). However I have been recently very disappointed. Most updates happen automatically which results in some surprises. On my device, the Go 4 keeps crashing (very frequently with the the last update). I look down and see the Home screen instead of the camera or map view. It doesn't affect the control but annoying. Seems horribly complicated to just transfer say sceen dumps, the bluetooth doesn't connect to apple products like the ipad and then transferring to the SD card requires a lot of clicking and actions. Most recently, the Home point has disappeared from the map view when using the satellite overlay. The H is there in the data when viewed in Airdata/Healthy Drones data view but its worrying not to see it on the realtime view. A small bug is that if its fully charged then you turn it on and check a couple of things, turn it off and plug it in again, it will contine charging for ever. It would appear that it keeps trying to charge the last 1% but actually doesn't charge, wierd. Details have been sent to DJI. Also I love Autoflight Autopilot which doesn't work on Android and although I've never used Litchi, I'm guessing it would be better the Waypoints 2 which is very primitive. But I Litchi is not supported. All these things limit its use to basic tasks. More complicated jobs we revert to the I1Pro. In summary, I'm quite disappointed with the Smart Controller, but hope the bugs will be ironed out.

Hi I a bit late to the thread but I had the same problem with the go4 app crashing. I removed the SD card and the issue disappeared

There is no way I would go back to flying without it. Went on a vacation last two weeks. It was so awesome. I have other gear so rolling out on a day trip with everything in the bag was amazing. Pretty much turn on the SC and fly. I went with one of my friends who has bought my old Mavic Pro. He loves it! We flew from the rooftop of our Hotel over the beach.. LOL was a great time.

He sees me pull out "BlueLine" and immediately wants to try the new SC. He wants one. Had to break the news to him that he they aren't compatible. To me that's the only downside to the SC, it isn't backwards compatible. The couple extra bucks spent was worth it at startup and even if I had purchased with the Basic TX I would want this.. All-in-one, no other options unless you want to fly Yuneec or Autel. Too me its the best of both worlds. Nice screen that isn't bulky or cumbersome fits right in the FlyMore bag too. I love mine.

Attachments

• IMG_1054.JPG
    IMG_1054.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: RogerMav and ff22
There is no way I would go back to flying without it. Went on a vacation last two weeks. It was so awesome. I have other gear so rolling out on a day trip with everything in the bag was amazing. Pretty much turn on the SC and fly. I went with one of my friends who has bought my old Mavic Pro. He loves it! We flew from the rooftop of our Hotel over the beach.. LOL was a great time.

He sees me pull out "BlueLine" and immediately wants to try the new SC. He wants one. Had to break the news to him that he they aren't compatible. To me that's the only downside to the SC, it isn't backwards compatible. The couple extra bucks spent was worth it at startup and even if I had purchased with the Basic TX I would want this.. All-in-one, no other options unless you want to fly Yuneec or Autel. Too me its the best of both worlds. Nice screen that isn't bulky or cumbersome fits right in the FlyMore bag too. I love mine.

Yes thats the problem. There are so many legacy Mavic Pro, Platinum, Air and Spark owners who cant use the SC because its not backwards compatible. Thats alot of drones.

I like that skin - nice and simple with the color accent.

Yes thats the problem. There are so many legacy Mavic Pro, Platinum, Air and Spark owners who cant use the SC because its not backwards compatible. Thats alot of drones.

I don't know any transmitter that is backwards compatible.

I just love the simplicity of an all-in-one TX/Screen. It absolutely amazingly simple. I have the basic transmitter ... I just know I will never use it.

I don't know any transmitter that is backwards compatible.

I just love the simplicity of an all-in-one TX/Screen. It absolutely amazingly simple. I have the basic transmitter ... I just know I will never use it.

Doesnt have to be a transmitter. A Crystalsky is backwards compatible and easy to use.

Reactions: RogerMav
Doesnt have to be a transmitter. A Crystalsky is backwards compatible and easy to use.
It does if you are comparing the two.. Crystalsky is just a screen. You still need a transmitter which means it absolutely can't do what a SC can.

I'm good with those that choose that route. This SC is the way to go for the Mavic 2 if you want an All-in-one solution... and cheaper for me than getting a Crystalsky.

Reactions: RogerMav
I think it is pretty telling that 93% of the people that own the SC say they would not/will not return it.

I'm really not at all surprised. It's a fantastic device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705