DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller

I'm late to the party (catching up after two weeks in China). My avatar picture was taken in bright sun and snow conditions and I was using the Smart Controller. It was definitely bright even in those conditions.

Reactions: JS1600
I would say yes for most incidences, but I order a hood today... I was out flying yesterday and it was very bright. I had my brightness on auto. It wasn't bad but the glare was making me a little nervous. I checked the prices of various hoods and the price wasn't too bad. So I went ahead and ordered one. The question in my mind is I hope it doesn't interfere with the control sticks too bad and yes, I do have the smart controller.

I have one and yes, easy to see with no hood. Actually I turned down the brightness to 75% to save on battery and I live in Arizona, flying out in the desert. It would be even better if it had an anti glare screen. Heres a tip: wear a black shirt while flying, it reduces the glare that would normally reflect off of other colors.

Reactions: bfine and Thomas B
Plenty bright enough. I used to fly with an iPad mini, and a shade, but wouldn’t want to go back to one after using the Smart Controller. No shade necessary now, not in the UK at least.

Is the smart controllers display bright enough to where no hood is necessary?
Not in Thailand,sun is way too bright,I have the silicon cover with the small hood,it helps to a certain extent.
Also too hot to fly at this time of year...
38/40c day time temps.

Not in Thailand,sun is way too bright,I have the silicon cover with the small hood,it helps to a certain extent.
Also too hot to fly at this time of year...
38/40c day time temps.

Have you tried sitting in your car with A/C running? SC still works fine.

Have you tried sitting in your car with A/C running? SC still works fine.
Not tried that,but as I usually use the goggles,it might be stretching it....and look a bit strange to passers by?
Honestly ,buy the time you get the drone off the ground after connecting,and doing safety checks,when temps are 38/40c, it’s already getting pretty hot.
Goggles don’t have reflection issue....but they also get hot,especially the black RE version.
Drone , goggles ,need cooling off before a 2nd flight with another battery.
Thankfully these temps will come down soon.?

Curious, become a member of what and where do you find this deal?

Yea for $638 i think I'd be willing to splurge on the smart controller, $749 is pretty steep... but I would love not having to take my phone out of the case, try connecting to controller, etc....
Set-up time would make life a whole lot easier with the smart controller that's for sure...

Members of THIS FORUM... being you paid for subscription. Contact DJIdroneservice they offer the discount. Thanks.

Does everyone that answered yes to this own a SC? Not being an ***..Just really want one but not if it's not really as bright as they say it is.
Sold mine. Not an Android fan. If it was iOS, I’d have two.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser