DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller

I'm awaiting delivery of my first (well, had an Autel 2 years ago but didn't work out) real drone an MA2 with Smart Controller. On a recent post which I cannot find now, the person said they wouldn't buy it because it was "old technology". Is this a worthy comment? Is the fact that DJI is selling them discounted a telltale that a newer design is around the corner? Thx in advance for the feedback.

Reactions: Icelandman
I'm awaiting delivery of my first (well, had an Autel 2 years ago but didn't work out) real drone an MA2 with Smart Controller. On a recent post which I cannot find now, the person said they wouldn't buy it because it was "old technology". Is this a worthy comment? Is the fact that DJI is selling them discounted a telltale that a newer design is around the corner? Thx in advance for the feedback.
I'm not sure if you are asking about the Mavic or the Smart Controller. In either regard, there's always a new design around the corner just like the iPhone.

They are both great devices and will bring years of use. Will there be a newer model next year? Probably. I wouldn't let that fact stress you out at all.

Reactions: Classic flyer
I'm not sure if you are asking about the Mavic or the Smart Controller. In either regard, there's always a new design around the corner just like the iPhone.

They are both great devices and will bring years of use. Will there be a newer model next year? Probably. I wouldn't let that fact stress you out at all.
That sounded like pretty good advice...well said...be smart fly safe....MERRY CHRISTMAS/ HAPPY CHANUKAH to all

Thx a lot for the reply. I was talking about a comment made about the Smart Controller being old technology. If someone knew there would be a newer, better model around the corner, I might buy the MA2 with the normal controller.

Thx a lot for the reply. I was talking about a comment made about the Smart Controller being old technology. If someone knew there would be a newer, better model around the corner, I might buy the MA2 with the normal controller.
I use the SC with my Mavic 2 Pro and there is no problem what so ever. Many people use older iphones or tablets so what is the problem? We all would love the latest technology but most of us can't afford it. You will love the SC just use it and don't worry what others tell you. Do you own a brand new car, brand new house etc. What you buy today will be old technology in a month, so you will never be able to catch up, if you think about it.

I just have an iphone 7 but as long as what I have does the job I need it to do, I could not care about how old or new the technology is. Therefore, if the SC will control your drone and allow you to see the screen in bright conditions and allow quick and easy no cables connection to the drone, which it will do, then I would not be concerned with how old or new it's technology is. Enjoy your drone and smart controller.

I have both the MP2 + Smart Controller and they are both great. The only problem I have had withe SC is the time setting but that does seem to have sorted itself out. Both great buys.

I just ordered a smart controller from dji store... my Samsung note whatever is having issues with the charging port (wont connect to charger or my mavic 2 controller) it says it is, but no actually charging happens... I charge my phone through a wireless charger so I get by with that... and NOW gives me a perfect excuse to upgrade to a smart controller! Hopefully I get it before xmas... I have off from work till jan 4!

Reactions: Icelandman
I have been using the SC with The M2P and now with the MA2. I also use the LiftThor mount and use the Feelworld FW279 monitor. It connects through the HDMI port on the side of the SC. It is much cheaper than some of the other monitors, it has 2200 NITS so it it very easy to see even on a sunny day. Very Happy with it.

1609954245323.png

I have been using the SC with The M2P and now with the MA2. I also use the LiftThor mount and use the Feelworld FW279 monitor. It connects through the HDMI port on the side of the SC. It is much cheaper than some of the other monitors, it has 2200 NITS so it it very easy to see even on a sunny day. Very Happy with it.

View attachment 121015
My set up exactly other than the mount. I could not afford the Lifthor but got a similar one for $44 off a guy on ebay that does 3D creations of a design.

View attachment 121015
Just to be sure, using your setup you can use both screens independently? Such as one for map and the other for camera view? Or do you have it linked to another camera?

Just to be sure, using your setup you can use both screens independently? Such as one for map and the other for camera view? Or do you have it linked to another camera?
I have the same set up. I used the SC for all the relevant flight info and I dedicate the 7 inch FeelWorld screen at 2,200nits just to show what the camera sees. You could choose to have the 7 inch Feelworld screen to mirror what your SC is showing also, if you wanted to do that. You have the choice through your Smart Controller.

Reactions: Romulus Archibald

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji