DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Phone Settings in wifi control

Bikemonster

Reactions
Know when using Dji Go app, all other apps should be off. What settings do you set your phone on so that you don't get a call on it while using it to control your Mavic? I was thinking set it to airplane mode but that would turn off wifi. Is the phone function automatically turned off when using the app?
Have orders from both Apple and DJI pending. Will cancel the slowest.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I put my phone on do not disturb when I fly. It blocks/hide all notification including calls.

You can turn on airplane mode. If you need to use Wi-Fi, go back into the Settings and turn it back on. You can find some more tips on optimizing an Apple device for DJI GO here.

Thanks. That information is all to use the go app with an RC. I'm talking about flying Mavic, without the controller, just the phone. Need wifi so can't turn on airplane mode.
Does flying disable the incoming phone call function? Just discovered you can turn on airplane mode and then enable just wifi. . So are those the settings we're supposed to use? Airplane mode on, wifi turned back on?
I'm using an IPhone.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Are you saying you can turn on airplane mode and enable wifi?
Yes.

You don't have to turn on airplane mode. It's just a good idea since it'll shut down other unneeded functions -- thus freeing up resources and limiting distractions (e.g. phone calls or text messages).

You can still turn on WiFi, even if your iPhone is in Airplane Mode.
When you select Airplane Mode, it will turn off Wifi. Just leave it in Airplane Mode, and go back and turn on Wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000