DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart remote not taking updates

warlock 31

Reactions
Tried to update my smart controller it shuts off 3 times during update. If I stay in the room and hit the power button when it beeps for shut down it will finish the update. I called DjI four different times I've tried everything and they said to send it back that there's something wrong with it. It is not supposed to do that. Has anyone else had this problem.

Tried to update my smart controller it shuts off 3 times during update. If I stay in the room and hit the power button when it beeps for shut down it will finish the update. I called DjI four different times I've tried everything and they said to send it back that there's something wrong with it. It is not supposed to do that. Has anyone else had this problem.
Update via the Assistant 2 app. Uninstall and re-install the latest version of the Assistant 2 app from HERE That's what finally worked for me. Older versions will hang at 98%, at least that was the case for me. Also make sure you don't have your SD card installed.

The 4th time is the charm. Im not joking.

If that doesnt work, you can try the dance below. Continue for 5 minutes or until the firmware update works. Feathers are optional.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
I deleted and re loaded assistant two 5 different times with the DJi tech on the other line. Directly from the DJI site where they told me to. I thought if I finally could get it to download it would fix the problem. So did they. It didn't. They were more concerned there could be other issues later on down the road so they said to send it back. For the price it should work perfectly. Amazon had no problem. I am going to wait a week to see if they get into a different batch. To order.

I could not even get it to recognize my SC (or zoom). I uninstalled reinstalled about 4 times. Win7. Finally use a win10 laptop. But I wanted the desktop (win7) to work since it worked earlier with the prior Assistant just two days earlier to update my Zoom. I went through the Registry and deleted over 370 references to DJI. Rebooted and installed. Finally, found the SC but at that point I did not need it. but it knew which version was on the SC. It definitely was kick the **** system!!!

Wireless update doesn’t work. I too had to try multiple times connected to a pc to get it to work. DJI your updates suck, please fix it!

Used a Mac, and on the 4th try it downloaded and installed.

Reactions: ff22
I’ll wait until there’s no more threads about issues updating, then maybe I’ll try it [emoji6]

Don't hold your breath. Wireless updating has never worked! The process is an abortion right now. DJI, fix it! I too had to try 4 or 5 times with Assistant 2 for it to take. Absurd

I am having the same problems described by several of you above. Tried several times with no luck. Even my 4th attempt failed (!?!). I am inclined to wait until DJI fixes it (if ever). Can someone please let me know if failing to perform this 'required' update could get me in trouble? In other words, could the controller stop working or do strange things while I am flying? Thanks!

I updated over WiFi without issue. The Chinese characters did not necessarily bother me, but glad they quickly remedied this with a subsequent revision to correctly display that option based on locale settings in the SC. Since DJI opted not the change the version number upon this quick fix/solution, I was unable to update over WiFi as the system showed I had the latest/current revision. The method I used the following day was to update via "refresh" using DJI's Assistant 2 app on my PC. Refresh basically re-installs the same version, so when that process completed, the Chinese text was correctly being displayed in my local language - once again all was fine.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89