DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smartcontroller downgrade

davidk_ro

Reactions
Hi, I made a terrible mistake by updating my Smartcontroller to the latest firmare. However I really wish to revert to an older version but it seems I can't find a solution. DJI Assistant won't show any other version than the current one. Does anyone know how to do it? I'd use SC Firmware: V01.01.0040 if available.
Please don't ask "why", it won't answer my question.

In many instances DJI has become notorious for later firmware "upgrades" preventing rollbacks to earlier versions. I believe that Easter Egg of "no rollback" is due to the fact that they locked out 3rd party "modification" software so the firmware cannot be hacked. I'm not sure about the Smart Controller, but for some devices, I believe, there is one 3rd party app that can do an end-run around the lockdown. I don't think forum rules allow me to point you in that direction. But you might do some research.

As for me? I'm not updating any firmware on my drones until DJI "bricks" them for not doing so. IMO there are just too many Trojan Horses in their firmware updates that have to potential to limit freedom of flight. And as you've experienced, once you've done it you can't go back. I don't care what extra features they've added. They ain't worth it IMO. I've already had several problems with Geofencing and their unlocking system. JMO

Reactions: KS-6 and davidk_ro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11