DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smatree DP160 Battery Charging Station

Yup just got mine recently and it works as it says it does.

The only gripe (I'm nitpicking here) I have for this is that it didn't come with a case. I am charging 3 batteries plus my phone (haven't tried the USB for a splitter i.e. charging the phone and controller at the same time yet). However, it did charge my phone very quickly.

Will update once I test it out on the field.

Last edited:
Yup just got mine recently and it works as it says it does.

The only gripe (I'm nitpicking here) I have for this is that it didn't come with a case. I am charging 3 batteries plus my phone (haven't tried the USB for a splitter i.e. charging the phone and controller at the same time yet). However, it did charge my phone very quickly.

Will update once I test it out on the field.

I purchased mine too, it is brilliant easily 5 charges and a top up of my phone.

I was too disappointed about no case or cover of any kind

Reactions: 28mm
I purchased mine too, it is brilliant easily 5 charges and a top up of my phone.

I was too disappointed about no case or cover of any kind
I just went to KMart and bought a lunch box asa bag for the charger

That pack is 135wh so not quite as much power, it works out at 12162mAh at 11.1v.

You will get just about 3 battery charges with the the battery having to convert to 110v
Didnt think about that, but in all honesty, 3 batteries for 79, is better than 5 for 139 right?

Didnt think about that, but in all honesty, 3 batteries for 79, is better than 5 for 139 right?

I think it all depends on what you want it for, if you are going to a far away place (a bit of a hike, which I'm preparing to do) then the smatree will be good for you as you can have more flight time (it will be a bit heavy though, not so sure how heavy your battery is).

If it's just to maximize flights in nearby areas where no AC is available then yours would be great.

As I said earlier, portable AC power is a bit expensive in AUS. So this is a good alternative. Looking around, once the portable power goes down in price, might buy one for our camping trips when spring comes around here.

I think it all depends on what you want it for, if you are going to a far away place (a bit of a hike, which I'm preparing to do) then the smatree will be good for you as you can have more flight time (it will be a bit heavy though, not so sure how heavy your battery is).

If it's just to maximize flights in nearby areas where no AC is available then yours would be great.

As I said earlier, portable AC power is a bit expensive in AUS. So this is a good alternative. Looking around, once the portable power goes down in price, might buy one for our camping trips when spring comes around here.
As soon as i get it ill tell you how heavy it is and all that. Im trying to think of a better way for you to charge them, there is a guy here that made a portable 12V car adapter plug with a LiPo pack, seems to work fine, but then again.. you would jave to charge it with AC power so.. lol

I have just purchased one of these, only had it a week so far, but have found it to do exactly what it says with no major issues, it’s not a light device. I would say it’s great if your sole trip out the house is to fly your MA, then it offers great value for money.
The only thing that concerns me with using it this way is how many charge cycles will I get out of each MA battery before I notice a drop in fly time?
If I got spare battery’s I would have more charge cycles [emoji848] I will have to do some research.

Smatree Power Station for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Smatree DP160 Battery Charging Station for DJI Mavic Air (Charge up to 5-8 Mavic Air Batteries)

Has anyone bought one of these? They look really useful for travel or at home (not for airplanes, 158Wh)
I use a similar portable charging station (from the same manufacturer) for Mavic Air. I bought it here. It's very useful because it charges 3 Mavic Air batteries SIMULTANEOUSLY in the field! And the capacity is solid: I can really charge about 7 MA batteries from 1 charge of this station. And there's an output USB port for charging the RC or a smartphone in parallel.

Last edited:
The only downside I have found is that here, UK, in Summer it takes time to cool down the battery so you are almost out of battery 2 before you can charge no 1. Should be ok in Winter though. Still very useful to charge 3 at same time when needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato