DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Snow Canyon Park Utah

Sorry to be a total noob, but on this map, I have no idea which would be legal to fly on. The yellow marked 'bureau of land management lands'?View attachment 86258

No worries! You’re wise to do your homework before flying in a foreign country.

Yes. You’re good to take off and land on BLM land. You’ll want to avoid state parks, national parks, national monuments and wilderness areas. Those are marked on your map. No operations allowed there.

Then just make sure you follow airspace rules from AirMap or KittyHawk once your airborne.

And please share your photos/videos. You should come home with some nice stuff from that area. Lots of striking red rock.

Reactions: deepakvrao
No worries! You’re wise to do your homework before flying in a foreign country.

Yes. You’re good to take off and land on BLM land. You’ll want to avoid state parks, national parks, national monuments and wilderness areas. Those are marked on your map. No operations allowed there.

Then just make sure you follow airspace rules from AirMap or KittyHawk once your airborne.

And please share your photos/videos. You should come home with some nice stuff from that area. Lots of striking red rock.

Striking any kind of rock sounds like a poor idea¡

Going to Utah tomorrow. Thought that Snow Canyon was off limits? Has the new rule of a 5 dollar a day permit come into force?
I'm here right now on vacation as well. I have not seen a $5/day permit. I would gladly do that. For now the Snow Canyon is off limits so you will need to start/stop on other land.

There are tons of good scenic spots to fly outside of Snow Canyon!

Reactions: deepakvrao
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olab