DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So can i use any USB C charger on my mavic 3 fly more combo / RC Pro Controller ?

MavPro72

Reactions
Hi, most laptop chargers these days are USB C 65w or more.. Are they safe to use on the mav3 charger ? (the only that comes with the 3 battery dock) and are they safe to use on the RC Pro controller.

I've not tried. All USB C is power delivery, but not sure what the wattage is on the OEM DJI charger, and if any damage can occur if the wattage is higher. I'm guessing no, but it always pays to double check these things.

Original charger on Mini 3 Pro is 30W. I’ve been using my MacBook Pro charger which is like 145W to charge up. Charging hub will only pull the needed wattage.

Its like a cars alternator is rated around 1000W, if you plug in an accessory, it’s not going to provide the whole 1000W to it.

Last edited:
Current is pulled, not pushed, so it's safe to use. It won't take more than it can. Same deal with smartphones, tablets, or anything else for the most part.

The only thing to watch out for, assuming it's like the Smart Controller, is that if its fast charge rate is only at one specific combination of voltage and amperage (for instance I am pretty sure it's 3A 9V for the SC), and if the charger doesn't support that particular combination, it will default to "slow" charge mode.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR