DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So can we legally fly at night (USA)

New laws are not on the books yet, but they do not appear to ban night flying for recreational flights.

This is section two of the Act:
SEC. 2. Effective date.

Except as otherwise expressly provided, this Act and the amendments made by this Act shall take effect on the date of enactment of this Act.

It became law when signed by what'shisname in the White House on October 5 and so yes it is law now and section 336 is repealed. The FAA will have to pass some new regulations but the act itself is law.

STUFF2C said:
As I understand it... with a 107 you can also fly under hobbiest as long as you are not paticipating in a money making endevor. I log my flights as both 107 and hobbiest. So... If I was to fly at night it would have to be a non profit flight... YES???

Has nothing to do with money -- it's all intent.

"Intent" to make money? So.... ummm... doesn't that have sump'n to do with money?

"Intent" to make money? So.... ummm... doesn't that have sump'n to do with money?

When they refer to intent...its intent for the furtherance of a business. So if no money has been exchanged but so and so is still using the aerial images for anything business related then that qualifies. "non profit" doesn't matter, it has to be strictly a hobby flight...if you believe you can fly at night under hobbyist rules that is

This is section two of the Act:
SEC. 2. Effective date.

Except as otherwise expressly provided, this Act and the amendments made by this Act shall take effect on the date of enactment of this Act.

It became law when signed by what'shisname in the White House on October 5 and so yes it is law now and section 336 is repealed. The FAA will have to pass some new regulations but the act itself is law.

President Trump

Reactions: MaviCam
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18