DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So how many batteries do you have for your Mav?

Just the 3 from the Fly more combo. Also, I usually charge the batteries as I use them in my car. Also I've found that either my remote controller or my phone are pretty out of juice by the time I've gone through the 3 batteries.

For those of you that have 3 or more batteries. Are you using a 2nd phone for the flights? Are you also charging the remote during the flight via the center USB?

iPadMini2 here. That thing has crazy battery life. I can fly 6 or so batteries on the RC charge too.

I did have two the stock one and an extra when I first ordered the drone. Then this weekend while packing to go the island I could only find one. My wife said it was already in the truck but she wasn't sure and I really wasn't sure. So I called best buy and sure enough they have them in stock now. So I bought another plus the $14 1/2 concave range extenders (that don't sit very good on antennas btw. Unloaded the truck and found the missing battery...now i have three. :D

What about ya'll? I like having 3 btw.

5 since I will travel alot with mine to places I might not be able to charge.

I have 4 for my own Mavic. We typically see people go with a total of 3 batteries and that is typically what we recommend as well.

Reactions: themixguy
1 x stock
1 x extra

Will be getting another 3 and a hard case when I start doing a bit of mapping and heading to more remote locations :)

1 x stock
1 x extra

Will be getting another 3 and a hard case when I start doing a bit of mapping and heading to more remote locations :)

Hardcase is way overkill, my entire setup is in that backpack you see for sale all over now holds everything and goes on planes threw tsa easy.

6 although I burn thru 3 batteries easily ill usually use 1 with the USB adapter as a power bank to charge my RC and iPad/iPhone when I'm driving to a different location to fly.

Reactions: Rbruz
3. but I think I need 1 more. The only thing is when you travel by plane in the US if your carrying it on board you can only take two.

Three is a minimum - heavy use and you better get more. Three will keep you up about an hour. One charge is a bit longer so..... Do the math for your expected use....

I think the smartest guy has a spare Mavic as they are very temperamental....

The one that comes with the drone and the two extra in the "drone package" are perfect. Three seems like the right amount. Id buy more only if the flight time was improved by 50% to 45+ minutes of flight time.

Reactions: Yakim
I have 6. I usually fly until I've used up 5, and then keep the sixth one in the Mavic in case I want to make a flight later on.

Reactions: Yakim and Rbruz
3. but I think I need 1 more. The only thing is when you travel by plane in the US if your carrying it on board you can only take two.

Wrong, I often tsa with 5 never an issue. Don't fix what's not broken [emoji3]

That's so weird. I go through maybe about 10-12% controller battery per flight and run each battery down to 20%.

Hmmm....Ive noticed the regular micro usb style plugs dont fit well in the controller while charging either. I have to make sure its at the exact correct angle and not touch it to charge. The plug that goes from the controller to the phone works and fits great though.

Reactions: Yakim
4 batteries. That's all the batteries I can go through before my remote needs a charge.
PS. Why do you need a range extender? 3-4 miles isn't enough? Wifi interference in your area?

Yes, My comment exactly. Why buy 5, 6 or more when the remote usually runs too low by 3rd or midway through 4? I have a battery bank I bring and will start charging a battery when I return and swap one out but have found the limitation is the remote.

Anyone buying back up remotes J/K LOL!!!!!.

Yes, My comment exactly. Why buy 5, 6 or more when the remote usually runs too low by 3rd or midway through 4? I have a battery bank I bring and will start charging a battery when I return and swap one out but have found the limitation is the remote.

Anyone buying back up remotes J/K LOL!!!!!.

My remote will do 5 batteries at 27 mins each, no worries.

How are people burning through their remote battery after just 3 flights?

I use appx 20 to 25% remote battery with every flight. I can see having 4 batteries as that would align to about one full charge of the remote (or close). Buying anymore is simply a waste of money IMHO. I also will discharge my phone battery at a fast clip. I use the S7.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028