DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So how many batteries do you have for your Mav?

3 as I ordered the Fly More Combo. Just getting into the hobby so may need to expand in the near future

4, dind't really need more than 3 but friend ordered one for each of us in the group so that's nice. Also one of my original 3 from the FM combo seems to have lost 4-5 few mins of flight time so it's a good compensation, that one will go primarily to powerbank use.

Regarding the one that has lost capacity....is it because it has so many cycles on it? Or an accidental over-discharge? Enquiring minds want to know ;)

Reactions: M4RK
4 total here. 1 that came with the bird and 3 from an Amazon deal. I have yet to use all 4 in one go but I have a feeling that it will be soon. Plus my bag only fits 4 total (3 + 1 on bird)

3, but after burning through all three batteries just trying to update to .0600, I think I need more

I've got a pair of batteries at the moment but only using them out walking the dog so that's plenty for now, I'll probably add another when (if?) the weather gets warmer and I'm out for longer.

4 batteries. That's all the batteries I can go through before my remote needs a charge.
PS. Why do you need a range extender? 3-4 miles isn't enough? Wifi interference in your area?

4 batteries. That's all the batteries I can go through before my remote needs a charge.
PS. Why do you need a range extender? 3-4 miles isn't enough? Wifi interference in your area?
I don't get 3 or 4 miles. At one mile or less it starts to get interference.

Four, however I never usually need more than 2 on any flight-outing. I wouldn't say the novelty is wearing off (Ive owned my magic since November), but an hour or just under of flight time is usually enough to satisfy me these days.

Regarding the one that has lost capacity....is it because it has so many cycles on it? Or an accidental over-discharge? Enquiring minds want to know ;)
All 3 handled exactly the same way, the number of cycles is pretty well balanced on all of them.
Don't think any other conclusion can be drawn than some will age better than others... like batteries have always done.

Reactions: TimeIsMine
Just the 3 from the Fly more combo. Also, I usually charge the batteries as I use them in my car. Also I've found that either my remote controller or my phone are pretty out of juice by the time I've gone through the 3 batteries.

For those of you that have 3 or more batteries. Are you using a 2nd phone for the flights? Are you also charging the remote during the flight via the center USB?

3 that came with the fly mo combo but I wouldn't like to add one more down the rd for a total of 4.

How are people burning through their remote battery after just 3 flights?

5....all numbered and used in order ....I've flown Merlin for an evening and never worried about not having a charge...my iPad4 mini and controller stayed for the duration..but were running low at the end....I only fly each battery down to about 25-30% so I can generally fly "total" for a little under for two hours...(unless it's windy..then my flight time goes down substantially)...

How are people burning through their remote battery after just 3 flights?

I go thru about 20% controller battery with each flight. I have a 20,000mah battery bank that I sometimes plug into between flights tho....

I go thru about 20% controller battery with each flight. I have a 20,000mah battery bank that I sometimes plug into between flights tho....

That's so weird. I go through maybe about 10-12% controller battery per flight and run each battery down to 20%.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661