DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So how many members are actually police investigating?

Anyway we can track where people are posting from or where they are lurking? If it's in a donut shop, then they're probably a cop.

Reactions: FatherXmas
Does it really matter? Most around here seem to do the right thing and even if they weren't most law enforcement have very narrow jurisdiction. Not to mention that these drones have numerous uses in law enforcement, from search and rescue to locating a criminal hiding in a junkyard, to getting a good observation on a hostage situation. I doubt the Mavic would be ideal for bouncing around the back of a cruiser though. I have thought about the leaked Spark though and how that would be a perfect platform to chuck in a pelican case in the back of a cruiser. Possibly much less expensive, definitely gonna be more durable. Heck a lot of folks are suspecting a selfie or racing centric focus I'm actually betting looking at the design that it's specifically for law enforcement and search and rescue since departments are now utilizing these.

My neighbor works for the sheriff search and rescue. After seeing me fly my mavic in the front yard he wants me to show it to his team. Like madman4049 ^ said above numerous uses for law enforcement.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
They will be and already are used for law enforcement. It amazes me that people don't get that. What ******** still thinks a doughnut joke is funny? I bet I know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JoKhool
So many comments...I'll plead the 5th too. I live in an extremely militarized police town with too much power and money than they know what to do with. I don't care who knows where it's at, Madison, MS.

But they do have so many uses..When Katrina devastated us, even 4 hours north of the MS gulf coast there were many uses for UAS (especially in New Orleans, Gulfport, and Biloxi). A thermal camera is most ideal (in my opinion) for search and rescue, fugitive apprehension, etc. the Mavic Pro isn't an ideal set up if at all for a thermal camera. I have looked into the set up on the Mavic Pro for building inspections, etc (regarding thermal imaging cameras) and found I'd need a different platform as far as the interchangeable camera system, etc. I was thinking a basic inspire 1 or even the phantom 4 Pro. I'm always learning and don't know everything so suggestions are more than welcomed! I'm sure if not now, very soon, my towns force will have a UAS. I appreciate what they do for us but they also scare me for many many reasons. Good ole boy system still exists here to a very big degree. Stay safe and legal!

Last edited:
Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
lol, this type of thread always cracks me up, no offense to the OP. I also ride motorcycles and belong to groups that tend to "go a little fast" in the canyons. Whenever someone posts an upcoming ride, there is always someone who chimes in about "thanks for letting the cops know where we are riding this weekend so they can patrol that road". We go on the ride and "may" see a cop or two and experience zero issues...

Believe it or not, the police have bigger fish to fry rather than surf ALL the forums in the world looking for "potential" crimes on this forum.

I feel ya MavicMo, I ride a CRF450R modified to Super Motto and when we talk online about meet spots, routes, etc.. there's always someone whose super paranoid about cops having a road block because they "saw our post." Well, don't ride with us. Cheers y'all!

Much more to be concerned about.

Reactions: MavicMo
lol, this type of thread always cracks me up, no offense to the OP. I also ride motorcycles and belong to groups that tend to "go a little fast" in the canyons. Whenever someone posts an upcoming ride, there is always someone who chimes in about "thanks for letting the cops know where we are riding this weekend so they can patrol that road". We go on the ride and "may" see a cop or two and experience zero issues...

Believe it or not, the police have bigger fish to fry rather than surf ALL the forums in the world looking for "potential" crimes on this forum.
I feel ya MavicMo, I ride a CRF450R modified to Super Motto and when we talk online about meet spots, routes, etc.. there's always someone whose super paranoid about cops having a road block because they "saw our post." Well, don't ride with us. Cheers y'all!

Much more to be concerned about.
Lol I ride too and have to say pretty much spot on w/ both of you. Cops don't care about what people say on forums. Most beat cops already have enough BS locally and aren't worried about some dude on the internet when they get home. Especially over something so petty I mean lets be honest, worry about the meth head/dealer or try and locate then chase a guy with a drone hmmmm yeah real hard decision there.

Reactions: MavicMo
I was attending a D.A.R.E rally for my daughter a couple of years ago, and out of the Special Response Teams mobile headquarters came out a UAV. It was flown around the rally in conjunction with there helicopter. Not sure what they use it for, but I think it's used for marijuana eradication missions. What a waste of money and resources.

but I think it's used for marijuana eradication missions. What a waste of money and resources.
Ya think FLYIN HI .
;);)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky