DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s So I was crossing these railway tracks... (Alberta, Canada)

Wow. There are so many good things about that photo. All those lines converging at the vanishing point of the tracks are wonderful. This could be used as a "Here's how it's done." example in a photography lesson on composition.

The more I look at it, the more I find to appreciate. Superb.

Wow. There are so many good things about that photo. All those lines converging at the vanishing point of the tracks are wonderful. This could be used as a "Here's how it's done." example in a photography lesson on composition.

The more I look at it, the more I find to appreciate. Superb.
Thank you!
I must have driven over those tracks a hundred times at least over the years but on this particular morning and I had the drone with me.

Reactions: R.Cowan
Beautiful shot and composition! Timing is everything!

Chris

Reactions: R.Cowan and DanJ
Lovely shot, thanks for sharing. Now, can you be there around the same hour...and catch a train coming towards you, too...that would be awesome.

That reminds me...I have some railroad tracks near my home. I'd love to be there to get a shot as a train goes by, but would rather avoid sitting there for hours waiting for that opportunity...

Does anyone know if there is an online source to lookup train schedules for a specific set of tracks or location? It would sure make it a lot easier to "be there at the right time."

Reactions: DanJ
Lovely shot, thanks for sharing. Now, can you be there around the same hour...and catch a train coming towards you, too...that would be awesome.

That reminds me...I have some railroad tracks near my home. I'd love to be there to get a shot as a train goes by, but would rather avoid sitting there for hours waiting for that opportunity...

Does anyone know if there is an online source to lookup train schedules for a specific set of tracks or location? It would sure make it a lot easier to "be there at the right time."
I wish that I had the patience to wait. It would make a great pic but I just wouldnt be able to stand still long enough. :)

I've looked for freight train tracking information and have found nothing in the US. Amtrak has live tracking for their passenger service. I

t's odd that you can find very precise real-time tracking information for commercial airplanes and ships, but not for freight trains.

Reactions: Aerophile
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190