Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

So important to calibrate the compass

You shouldn't calibrate the compass in a situation like this. Instead, you should move your Mavic away from the source of the interference (most likely the rebar in the sidewalk).
I agree wouldn’t you just be calibrating a compass around possible interference? I don’t see the link between interference and recalibration,this happened to me the other day I launched from a table outside with metal in it,mine was almost uncontrollable as well,I simply landed it and moved all was good!

ac0j

Yes, If you get a magnetic interference message, move to a different spot to take off! Do not calibrate your compass to a dirty magnetic area you will certainly encounter problems as you fly into undistorted air space.

frankiez

You shouldn't calibrate the compass in a situation like this. Instead, you should move your Mavic away from the source of the interference (most likely the rebar in the sidewalk).
I did. After this incident, I went far away from this area and calibrated it to verify it was ok. Thank.

chazzm

I agree wouldn’t you just be calibrating a compass around possible interference? I don’t see the link between interference and recalibration,this happened to me the other day I launched from a table outside with metal in it,mine was almost uncontrollable as well,I simply landed it and moved all was good!
The calibration would either fail in this instance or if it did calibrate the values would be extremely skewed and probably very disoriented! IMHO I’m glad you have it squared away!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koyote00