DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So important to calibrate the compass

You shouldn't calibrate the compass in a situation like this. Instead, you should move your Mavic away from the source of the interference (most likely the rebar in the sidewalk).

You shouldn't calibrate the compass in a situation like this. Instead, you should move your Mavic away from the source of the interference (most likely the rebar in the sidewalk).
I agree wouldn’t you just be calibrating a compass around possible interference? I don’t see the link between interference and recalibration,this happened to me the other day I launched from a table outside with metal in it,mine was almost uncontrollable as well,I simply landed it and moved all was good!

wouldn’t you just be calibrating a compass around possible interference?
The compass calibration would fail if you attempted it in such a location.

Yes, If you get a magnetic interference message, move to a different spot to take off! Do not calibrate your compass to a dirty magnetic area you will certainly encounter problems as you fly into undistorted air space.

I did. After this incident, I went far away from this area and calibrated it to verify it was ok. Thank.

After this incident, I went far away from this area and calibrated it to verify it was ok.
While calibrating your compass won't hurt anything, all you needed to do was move away from the source of magnetic interference. That's what the message at the top of DJI GO was instructing you to do.

I agree wouldn’t you just be calibrating a compass around possible interference? I don’t see the link between interference and recalibration,this happened to me the other day I launched from a table outside with metal in it,mine was almost uncontrollable as well,I simply landed it and moved all was good!

The calibration would either fail in this instance or if it did calibrate the values would be extremely skewed and probably very disoriented! IMHO I’m glad you have it squared away!

Reactions: frankiez
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS