DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So it’s main enemy is the Wind

I don’t agree, I’ve been flying this in Yorkshire for over a month now, flown it in winds well beyond its specification. Yes, you have to be mindful and understand how RTH works, consequences of loss of WiFi etc. it’s still very capable for its size if you respect it.
Brave lad !!! but in fairness you yorkie boys are hardened souls - I bet your still in shorts in January so other people's "bad weather" is just summer for you. Your right tho, if your flying the lightweight drones you need to have a lot of respect for the drone, the weather and your own skills or its a goner.

• Haha
Reactions: markp99 and TDZHDTV
The FAA proposal excludes the Mini due to its weight. No registration needed.
You sure ? My understanding was the proposals cover ALL drones, and include having them "chipped" so data can be collected and examined. I believe USA flyers are suffering from the "Anti China Tech" panic that their Gov has - shame really as they have the perfect flying conditions and great scenery that is getting harder/impossible to access. Fingers crossed such "proposals" don't arrive in the UK.

You sure ? My understanding was the proposals cover ALL drones, and include having them "chipped" so data can be collected and examined. I believe USA flyers are suffering from the "Anti China Tech" panic that their Gov has - shame really as they have the perfect flying conditions and great scenery that is getting harder/impossible to access. Fingers crossed such "proposals" don't arrive in the UK.

Yes I'm sure, because it is written in black and white on page 8:

All UAS produced for operation in the airspace of the United States would have to comply with the design and production requirements established in this proposal with exceptions for amateur-built UAS, UAS of the United States government, and unmanned aircraft that weigh less than 0.55 pounds.​

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore