Join Us Now

So many pilots hate the mavic af

hp7950

Reactions
Can we all ask from dji to fix it via update
To be as the p4 ..its very hard to deal with it and fly the mp in the same time
So many videos go to the trash.

Sent from my SM-G900F using MavicPilots mobile app

You can enable/disable the auto focus feature in the current version of DJI GO 4.

DJI-GO-Enable-AFC-Mode.jpg

Reactions: Aerial West
What I don't get is why isn't the camera simply set to have its focus fixed at infinity? Virtually all the time when we use drones to take landscape pictures all the scenery is effectively at infinity focus. Or if the camera is a variable focus one, why not have a controller setting switch with the option of fixing the focus to infinity?

I usually just focus once at a distance of around 50m. The focus doesn't reset during the flight for me.
I've found it far more reliable to get a good focus in the beginning and never touch it again during the flight unless I fly really close to something. No hunting during flight that could potentially mess up focus.
I have center focus set to C1 as if I need to refocus, but usually I don't need to.

The reason is that it makes it a truly more professional camera. There are times when you want to selective focus for a cinematic effect and the Mavic allows for this. Trust me as you become a better cinematographer, you'll come to appreciate this feature.

I fake the infinite focus by using af or afc and tapping screen on something very far away. This gives the infinite focus. Then i switch to manual focus. Thus i have locked in an infinite focus. Saw this on a youtube video and it works

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Do 90% of my flying with the FPV Camera App and no problem what so ever.
They fixed this and you can forget about the focus issue as long as you use the App.
I do not understand why DJI seems to be unable to fix this.

Reactions: davmcw and btucker
When I take off I go straight up to about 120-140', point the camera straight down at the landing pad, tap center focus, then go on about my misssion. Since I have been doing this I have never had to refocus during the mission or had a video come back out of focus.

AFC is AUTO FOCUS CONTINUOUS so if left enabled and you are in AF mode, the camera will continuously confirm AF on the area that you've initially tapped in the frame for AUTOFOCUS.

Reactions: btucker
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580