DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So much glare, I can't see the screen...

I can see the screen good enough to fly without worries using the DJI hood and 100% brightness but i cannot make out fine details. I have noticed that manual focusing is slightly better than auto focus but there is no way I can see enough detail to even attempt using manual focusing.

Reactions: Qoncussion
In a recent thread around a similar question the suggestion, later endorsed by other contributors, was to use a screen protector with a matte finish. Irritatingly for all concerned, I can't recall the thread, nor did I note where these matte finish items might be found.
Hopefully a search, here, eBay, Amazon, Google, including the word matte in the search terms, will prove fruitful.

Regards.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Stating the obvious but make sure screen brightness is on max, the app has option to change if you swipe from right I think.
The sun hood things help but are pretty cumbersome, wherever possible just try to stand in a bit of shade, sit in a vehicle or use your own body if nothing else is near.... or buy a big hat.

Reactions: Fplvert
I use the hoodman,works great :)

Attachments

• 20170204_155526.jpg
    20170204_155526.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 88
My Huawei Mate 8 is bright enough to see things well without a need for a hood as long as the sun isn't hitting directly, sun in my back is fine.

I made a simple inexpensive hood which works great. It is made of black foamcore, available in art supply stores. It is 13 inches deep and has three sides leaving the bottom open to access my decice. It velcros to the controller and folds flat when not in use.
Since I use reading glasses, I designed a viewing cover for the face end which has lenses installed to look through.

So I've been flying using my Nexus 6P, and there is so much glare on the screen that I can barely see where I'm flying. Sometimes, I truly cannot see the screen. I also tried my older LG-G2 with the same results. I've ordered a sun hood for the phone, but so much of the glare comes from the reflections of objects behind me, and not so much from direct sunlight hitting the screen,which I'm able to block with my body,just by turning around a bit.

Does anyone know of a good anti-glare screen protector, or other options which don't include stepping into shade (as that is not always an option)?

I am looking for options that you have tried, which actually work, and not just a link to an general Amazon search. Thanks!

I use a matte screen protector on my device.

Oh my, I really hope that you are kidding with this post...? I don't need a safety lesson, nor was one warranted here. I shoot video and photos. I need to be able to compose my shots, but can't - if I can't see the screen. How did such a simple question get turned into a drone police action? Sorry man, but your post is way off base. Do you have anything helpful to offer with regards to answering my question?

Anyone else wanna take a shot at this very simple and straightforward question?
Amazon is a great source for "matte" screen protectors. I'm vendor agnostic but the reviews tell a lot. I ordered my anti-glare screen protector when I ordered my viewing device (mini). You just need that. Cheap and easy.

In a recent thread around a similar question the suggestion, later endorsed by other contributors, was to use a screen protector with a matte finish. Irritatingly for all concerned, I can't recall the thread, nor did I note where these matte finish items might be found.
Hopefully a search, here, eBay, Amazon, Google, including the word matte in the search terms, will prove fruitful.

Regards.
Search amfilm matte screen protector. They're cheap on Amazon.

I am actually thinking about making a foldable black backdrop to hang from a stand behind me. I live in the Sierra Nevada foothills, meaning, I fly over thousands of trees. I launch from an abandoned air strip atop one of the highest points around. But flying blind around so many trees is going to cost me dearly some day when I look down at my screen and all I see is a crystal clear image of the terrain behind me reflecting off of the screen. :p

A company named Think Tank Photo makes a product called "pixel sunscreen" it folds out pretty cool works well

I have the same problem and bought a matte anti-glare screen protector... it was worthless to me

Oh great, I just ordered one last week on Amazon. Should be here on Monday :(

Oh my, I really hope that you are kidding with this post...? I don't need a safety lesson, nor was one warranted here. I shoot video and photos. I need to be able to compose my shots, but can't - if I can't see the screen. How did such a simple question get turned into a drone police action? Sorry man, but your post is way off base. Do you have anything helpful to offer with regards to answering my question?

Anyone else wanna take a shot at this very simple and straightforward question?
I agree. And you can't see the Mavic when it's a couple of hundred yards away any way unless your dad was an eagle. Let's face it, most people aren't going to be flying line of sight most of the time. It might be at your uncle Fred's house 3 miles away and you're sitting on your deck. Sheesh.

Reactions: Forrest
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daly_mail