DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So no aircraft activation needed..?

valdi99

Reactions
Got my brand new Mavic. But before I have flown it and after reading all this horror stories on the forum - I have downgraded to .700 (from factory .800) then installed GO 4.0.6 and it allowed me to start engines without "aircraft activation". While few hours earlier - app DJI GO 4.1.3 insisted to "actvate aircraft" before I was able to start engines. Even without DJI GO app, solely on remote, it didn't spin engines. However, as I couldn't pass activation process through DJI GO apk 4.1.3 as it was constantly reverting back to previous page/screen - I've installed DJI GO 4.0.6 instead and it worked! I could start and fly.

Is that normal? Shall I fly with no worries? What if my aircraft decides in mid-air that it is not activated, and shut engines down...???

How to check - except using DJI GO 4 app latest ver. - if DJI has registered my Mavic Pro as activated?

How to check - except using DJI GO 4 app latest ver. - if DJI has registered my Mavic Pro as activated?
You cannot start/fly the Mavic without registering it. You were able to do that, so it was definitely registered at some point. If you have any doubts though, you should contact DJI Support for help.

Any way to check it out? I mean without contacting DJI Support?
Will I be able to see if my Mavic is registered when I log to my DJI account?

Any way to check it out? I mean without contacting DJI Support?
Will I be able to see if my Mavic is registered when I log to my DJI account?
If you successfully activate the MP, then yes.
DJI will send you a "Thank You" email for your purchased/activation.

Isn't warranty void already for downgrading to a FW which is no longer provided by DJI on their Assist app?
I'm not sure but I don't think so.
There's still a lot of users out there who are on old FW, I'm 1 of them and and I have a Refresh.
I'm expecting them to honor it when time comes regardless of what DJI FW i'm on.

I'm not sure but I don't think so.
There's still a lot of users out there who are on old FW, I'm 1 of them and and I have a Refresh.
I'm expecting them to honor it when time comes regardless of what DJI FW i'm on.

Yes but you decided to stay with stock FW. Others downgraded from stock when downgradable FW were removed.

Hopefully it doesn't void warranty.

Are FW updates/changes logged anywhere?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22