DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So sad that I'll have to return the Mini 3, especially when it's given me pictures like this

shadow3467

Reactions
After lots of back and forth with DJI, they've told me that there is no widespread signal issue that they know of

They made it pretty clear that if I'm having signal issues it's best to return the drone as this is as good as it's going to get

The mini 2 is nice but the picture quality is noticeably worse than the 3 especially in iffy lighting situations, and I don't want to get into the bigger drones because I'd need a license for that (can't be arsed)

Goodbye Mini 3! Maybe I'll rebuy when DJI can admit that they have an issue.

After lots of back and forth with DJI, they've told me that there is no widespread signal issue that they know of

They made it pretty clear that if I'm having signal issues it's best to return the drone as this is as good as it's going to get

The mini 2 is nice but the picture quality is noticeably worse than the 3 especially in iffy lighting situations, and I don't want to get into the bigger drones because I'd need a license for that (can't be arsed)

Good for you. You didn’t like how they treated you so you threw it in Their face. This is the way we can make manufactures change their ways rather than accepting the rubbish they give us! Do you plan on getting another drone?

I would look at autel nano+. It’s right up there with DJI but have 90% kinks worked out! Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love DJI. But sometimes you have to go to the others guys just for a while like you said until DJI get the kinks out! Good luck!

Good for you. You didn’t like how they treated you so you threw it in Their face. This is the way we can make manufactures change their ways rather than accepting the rubbish they give us! Do you plan on getting another drone?
I do want another but not sure if there is a better drone sub 250. Maybe the Autel Nano but I've heard the flight experience isnt as good as the DJI ones

Where is that church?

Where is that church?
Richmond Hill Ontario. It's the Richmond Hill United Church.

The basic test is pretty easy; I doubt you'd find it onerous. The biggest problem is that you're much more limited in where you can fly. (Especially where you are.)
Yeah that's the other thing that has me not wanting to go for a bigger drone.

I wish DJI would just atleast say they know of this issue and are working on fixing it. Instead they don't say anything at all.

They dont even say if this is a hardware or software issue

They dont even say if this is a hardware or software issue

If they say it's not an issue, it's unlikely that they'd specify what type of issue it is.

Communication between customers and all large manufacturers of consumer products is often poor and it's made worse with DJI by the language difference. There could very well be a team working on an issue without the low-level, front-line customer service agents knowing about it. They operate from scripts and limited training.

Send it back, but don't expect to ever hear from DJI that there was a specific signal problem with the Mini 3.

Reactions: Torque
Be aware that the day after you send it back, there will be a firmware update to fix the range for the non-FCC drones.

Return it and get a refund. After you have got a refund, order another. You may have been unlucky with the first one and gotten a Friday afternoon special.
If the second drone suffers from range issues, return it and move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLRSKIR and Torque
did you ever tried to hack for fcc mode , buy a cheap rc-n1 + phone / ipad and go for it ? Atleast refund for the cheaper pack then buy an ipad mini or a phone if u dont have phone for it. It may seems stupid but u wont regret it.

did you ever tried to hack for fcc mode , buy a cheap rc-n1 + phone / ipad and go for it ? Atleast refund for the cheaper pack then buy an ipad mini or a phone if u dont have phone for it. It may seems stupid but u wont regret it.
Yes I've tried with the N1 controller, doesnt make a difference

I did try that trick to get it into FCC mode which sometimes works but I'm not okay with having to do that on a $1000 drone

I think you might have gotten a lemon. If I were you, I'd wait until my return window is almost closed, then return it. Then, give it some time while keeping up on the progress of their Updates, and when it looks like they might have fixed the issue for most, buy another one. If that one doesn't satisfy, rinse and repeat. 😉👍

Reactions: Torque

No idea if this will help but my friend with a new mini 3 found, if he had signal issues (esp. mid flight), switching his transmission from AUTO to either 2.4GHz or 5G resolved his issue. Worth a **** if you haven’t boxed it up yet.

No idea if this will help but my friend with a new mini 3 found, if he had signal issues (esp. mid flight), switching his transmission from AUTO to either 2.4GHz or 5G resolved his issue. Worth a **** if you haven’t boxed it up yet.
LOL No idea why the forum ** out shot. Maybe I mistyped.

I think you might have gotten a lemon. If I were you, I'd wait until my return window is almost closed, then return it. Then, give it some time while keeping up on the progress of their Updates, and when it looks like they might have fixed the issue for most, buy another one. If that one doesn't satisfy, rinse and repeat. 😉👍
Lot of lemons around...I also had a lemon DJI even confirmed it. But acc. DJI it is veeeery rare to get a lemon ex-factory...😉

I would look at autel nano+. It’s right up there with DJI but have 90% kinks worked out! Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love DJI. But sometimes you have to go to the others guys just for a while like you said until DJI get the kinks out! Good luck!
ZERO support from Autel these days..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe