DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So what about Ipad type devices?

You gotta get a iPad first :p and hope it is where I think it is;) haven't seen it in over a year to be honest...but I'm going to look tomorrow..it's late and don't want to be moving things around in house. You are about 2.5 hours from me BTW.
Yes, I do need to work on a tablet/pad something or the shade does nothing, I will let you know. Not sure you need to rush to find that shade just yet. ?

I use the iPad Mini 5 and it works great.

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_074420.jpg
    IMG_20200714_074420.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200714_074432.jpg
    IMG_20200714_074432.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 19
i got my i pad mini 5 at best buy cost around 400.00 but it works great. good luck on your search finding one.

Reactions: MA2 317
I have an MA2, and an old iphone 7, thinking about another device to fly it with, wish I had the cash for a smart controller but I don't☹️ . So what do you like and why.. and how do you have it mounted to your controller, come on all you droniacs, now is your chance to show off. Oh and reasonably priced please... under $3-400??
Thanks.
I cannot be happier with my set up. This is a standard 32MB Apple iPad 9.5 inches, and a Skyreat Holder (Amazon). I have a nice big inmate to watch, and it breaks down and packs well in my crone back pack. I also use the iPad as a spare TV on the Skyreat standiPad in Skyreat Holder-rear view.jpgiPad in Skyreat Holder.jpgiPad in Skyreat Holder-rear view.jpg to stream video in my bathroom, toilet, etc. when not using for the drone.

I love using my ipad minin 5 with my MA2. I've tried a couple of different mounts, by like the one I'm using now from Drone Valley. My mini is wifi only, so I set my Samsung phone up as a hotspot so I still have the maps. Works great.

Reactions: MA2 317
I love using my ipad minin 5 with my MA2. I've tried a couple of different mounts, by like the one I'm using now from Drone Valley. My mini is wifi only, so I set my Samsung phone up as a hotspot so I still have the maps. Works great.
So you say its WIFI only, hat else should it have to stand alone?

This is the tablet holder that I use. Light weight, simple to use, stores easily in bag. I also started using a lanyard from dronevalley. Didn't think I would use one, but after a few flights, wouldn't be without.

That's the one I want but it is currently out of stock. :(

It may be back the week of 12-18-20.

Last edited:
I have an MA2, and an old iphone 7, thinking about another device to fly it with, wish I had the cash for a smart controller but I don't☹️ . So what do you like and why.. and how do you have it mounted to your controller, come on all you droniacs, now is your chance to show off. Oh and reasonably priced please... under $3-400??
Thanks.
I bought a I pad mini 2 refurbished 16 GB for $150 + tax on ebay
it works very well with my DJI Mavic mini #1 & Air 2
the only problem 16 GB is not enough once your start I suggest more GB 32 or 64 if you do it this way you will have to buy a adapter to mount on the transmitter.

I bought a I pad mini 2 refurbished 16 GB for $150 + tax on ebay
it works very well with my DJI Mavic mini #1 & Air 2
the only problem 16 GB is not enough once your start I suggest more GB 32 or 64 if you do it this way you will have to buy a adapter to mount on the transmitter.
Anything else I need to make sure it has to work with a MA2?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidnflagn