DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So what exactly do you do with the remote in follow me mode when skiing,biking, MX, etc

gerard143

Reactions
So follow me mode is great, but what the heck do you do with the remote if your skiing down a hill, or biking, or riding dirt bike or atv or snowmobiling, etc?

I mean you need to keep the remote on you but not inadvertently hit buttons and joysticks, or damage it, etc so how the heck does one pull these clips off?

Once you start that mode, you don't need to hold on to the RC unit. However, if you lay it aside, you can go out of range or loose the line of sight with the RC unit, spoiling the shot.

I would guess that you could put it in a small case and drop it in a backpack. The drone would be close to you and the RC unit - as it follows you, the signal strength should stay plenty strong as the drone follows.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

dave :)

Reactions: Davdogg
That

Looks nice! I could have the RC on my motorcycle handle bars. I already have a mobile ham radio on one side. I could put the RC on the other side.
That's what I was thinking, for 1 of my V-TWINS and a empty road or a long private driveway!

Reactions: davemgood
I just use a bungee cord to secure the controller to the rack on the back of my bike. I also use large rubber coated twist-ties called "Gear Tie" found in many stores. Got mine at Home Depot I think. They are flexible but stiff enough to hold in the position you set. And you can twist two together if longer ones are needed. Easy and inexpensive.

I'm wondering the same thing as well. None of these suggestions really solve the problem. Throwing the remote in a backpack has not worked for me as you have to make sure nothing touches the phone screen and changes a setting, stops recording, etc. Putting the remote on a bracket on your handlebars is less than ideal as well because you still have to worry about the phone coming loose (mountain biking can get pretty bumpy). Leaving the remote behind works, but then you have to come back and get it, something that is a hassle especially if you've gone up or down a long hill.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK