DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So when is the new app update coming?

On my tablet under a different play store account the older DJI go4 app 4.0.7 did not update. I just used it and worked and still have live video feed.

Attachments

• 20170526_161159.jpg
    20170526_161159.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 114
Well I am in Canada and our goofy government passed a bunch of laws a few months back so we must stay 5 miles from all airports heli pads and grass runways which means we won't be able to fly if we update
Those aren't the laws yet, just guidelines. I sure hope they didn't restrict flight based on unpassed laws - that would make make places in Canada un-flyable. Hopefully they just stay focused on America and not other countries where they may not understand the laws as well.

Those aren't the laws yet, just guidelines. I sure hope they didn't restrict flight based on unpassed laws - that would make make places in Canada un-flyable. Hopefully they just stay focused on America and not other countries where they may not understand the laws as well.
Actually. I think it is now Canadian law, not just guidelines. Could be wrong though if someone wants to weigh in.

I turned off updates for DJI app, got notification that the new update is here. Among the changes, is the addition of Spark. Which means I'll have no choice but to upgrade :/ Clever.
If you're rooted, use Titanium Backup to grab a backup of the current version, freeze/lock the backup, then do the same after the new one is installed. It then is pretty simple to switch back and forth between the two backups.

It's a bit cumbersome, and there's the issue of refreshing the backups with new data. Still, if the issues with rolling forward on the Mavic are big enough, you may be willing to go through a hassle like this.

Mine updated with the fire wall on! nothing I can do now all it asked me was do you want the usb port on the controler to be the main port. No login or anything

Update seems fine .. I'm very near an RAF base and NFV has remained the same .. tbh I guess by time restrictions if any come in and bother me I'll have sold this and upgraded .. logically any new drones will have the new software and all that that entails so wtf ? .. if nothing changes everything would remain the same, and that really would be no fun at all !! .. enjoy :)

DJI go 4 app doesn't works with Android 8 (Android o), Android 8 is under development and it's full of bugs, don't update your phone until the stable version else you can't use DJI go 4 app

Update seems fine .. I'm very near an RAF base and NFV has remained the same .. tbh I guess by time restrictions if any come in and bother me I'll have sold this and upgraded .. logically any new drones will have the new software and all that that entails so wtf ? .. if nothing changes everything would remain the same, and that really would be no fun at all !! .. enjoy :)

Hi Jerry, Can I ask how far you are from RAF base please? I am 4km from Waddington and DGI go is asking me to update my NFJ's. I'm worried if I do I won't be able to fly at home. I always keep within line of sight and never go towards the "camp". At the moment I just check the 2 boxes that come up and i'm good to go.

How would it determine your location for an altitude restriction? For example I live in the US but am in Mexico now, what if I update here?

YES, they are indeed laws. Prime Minister Retartrudeau has permitted the Minister of Transportation Marc Garneau to make INTERIM laws respecting drones. These interim LAWS are in place until new laws are in place sometime in June of this year the Transport Minister said.

Even though these "laws" have not passed through the proper legislative channels, they are considered to be LAW because the Prime Minister has permitted it.

If anyone thinks that by living in Canada they are living in a Democracy, they are sadly mistaken.

Bud

Hi Malfunction, guess I'm about 4 miles max as the crow flys .. I only did update and I'm not yet being asked to update and zones .. if u update and can take off you are only stopped from entering restricted areas not green ones .. so it will fly home unless it updated whilst u were in an area that then becomes a nfz, in which case it would land I believe

Reactions: Malfunction
33eeea7293ce102786a47f604794317c.jpg

I'm at Kirkby Fleetham .. darker green area ... but not sure it's easy to see in the pic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99