DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So who bought both the zoom and pro and why?

Neo

Reactions
I'm broke but Dji got me by the balls. I am now considering buying a Zoom on top of my Mavic 2 Pro purchase. That zoom really can com in handy [emoji4]

IIRC, (and this is only if you're happy with voiding warranties and digging around in your expensive equipment), the actual gimbal assembly is interchangable. If you like both, but not both at the same time you could potentially buy just the Zoom's gimbal and swap it over between jobs as required...

If you're not happy with voiding warranties, DJI are supposedly offering a Mavic 2 gimbal swap service in the future, would likely be pricier than doing it yourself, but it will leave your warranty intact.

I bought both...kinda. I bought the Zoom first, but then I started waffling and ended up returning it the same day I received it and now I should be getting the Pro on Monday.

Reactions: continuecrushing
Ah, bought the pro launch day and the Zoom the next day from a local supplier, plan to operate both and see which to keep. Still deciding

The pro and zoom are basically the same, with the pro having a better camera and the zoom having, err... the zoom. Unless you’re a professional cameraman in need of shooting footage in 3 billion colorshades (that are impossible to see for a normal human being), it makes more sense to get the zoom which still shoots 4K video and has a (up to) 96mm zoom, and some awesome modes like dolly zoom or asteroid.

The pro and zoom are basically the same, with the pro having a better camera and the zoom having, err... the zoom. Unless you’re a professional cameraman in need of shooting footage in 3 billion colorshades (that are impossible to see for a normal human being), it makes more sense to get the zoom which still shoots 4K video and has a (up to) 96mm zoom, and some awesome modes like dolly zoom or asteroid.
You are right. But then again I think image quality is preferred in the long run. I made it simple for myself and got both.

Ps. both Mavics can do asteroid [emoji4]

Ah, bought the pro launch day and the Zoom the next day from a local supplier, plan to operate both and see which to keep. Still deciding
How is the decision making going? Which one are you leaning towards?

IIRC, (and this is only if you're happy with voiding warranties and digging around in your expensive equipment), the actual gimbal assembly is interchangable. If you like both, but not both at the same time you could potentially buy just the Zoom's gimbal and swap it over between jobs as required...

If you're not happy with voiding warranties, DJI are supposedly offering a Mavic 2 gimbal swap service in the future, would likely be pricier than doing it yourself, but it will leave your warranty intact.
I dont dare to mess around with the gimbal. I even bought the Dji care refresh service. You never know with machines, anything can happen. The same goes for people but that is another topic [emoji23]

I was on the fence with which one to buy. I watched a lot of videos and did a lot of "head-scratching" . I decided on the zoom. Although the Pro has higher image quality (particularly for still shots), the zoom seems more forgiving with regards to shooting video and is more versatile. I am no pro and have very little experience with post production editing and the zoom has features specific to shooting video. I have yet to get the zoom and it is an upgrade to the drone I currently own. I can tell you this, I am already saving up to purchase the pro (or the next generation) when the time comes.

Reactions: Gut Stuff
I was on the fence with which one to buy. I watched a lot of videos and did a lot of "head-scratching" . I decided on the zoom. Although the Pro has higher image quality (particularly for still shots), the zoom seems more forgiving with regards to shooting video and is more versatile. I am no pro and have very little experience with post production editing and the zoom has features specific to shooting video. I have yet to get the zoom and it is an upgrade to the drone I currently own. I can tell you this, I am already saving up to purchase the pro (or the next generation) when the time comes.

I used the same logic to eventually choose the zoom, very happy so far...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+