DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soft corners on Air 2s - should I try warranty?

gabrielffontes

Reactions
Hi everyone.

I just bought an Air 2s, but I've quickly noticed that the corners of the image are quite blurry, with the left side being the biggest offender.

I'll attach some samples below to get an opinion from you guys. Should I try to send it off for warranty? I'd be without my drone for about a month (its kind of a hassle).

I've tried everything I can to remedy the issue, but it still seems present.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these samples.

Air 2s - 1.jpg
Air 2s - 2.jpg
DJI_0148 3.jpg

Love the drone, but this issue is kind of annoying me.

Cheers

Only the third picture has enough detail to see the blur in the bottom left corner. From what I can see your other three corners look pretty good.

The night shot doesn't help because there is too much noise to adequately look at anything. The top right is well lit and looks fine.

The second photo shows the top left, top right and bottom right. They all look roughly the same as the rest of the shot.

I will defer to others here who may have a more critical eye, or may have experience trying to do a warranty exchange. Plenty of folks have reported soft corners on the Air 2S so I would think an exchange might get you another one with the same or worse problem.

Reactions: Paul Harvey
The one photo to me that is most noticeable is the second at the top left side. The windows in the buildings start to become blurred and not as crisp.

InkedAir 2s - 2_LI.jpg

The OP got the same answers on a different board! Can't figure out what (s)he's looking for. Just exchange, hope for the best, or live with it like the rest of us!

Pictures of tall building with a steep downward view can create there own distortion effect, especially with a super wide angle lens like on the Air 2s.
For a quality evaluation make sure you lower your down so it is looking straight at the center of the desired image so all image features are on the same vertical plane.
Your pictures have so many planes and a severe tilt down so it's hard to determine the cause of any perceived blur.

Reactions: merak75
Thanks to everyone that commented.

I have a follow up: my dealer exchanged my unit immediately, and my new drone is on a different class when compared to the previous unit.

See attached photo below, taken with ND32 (so it could have been even sharper without the filter, possibly), with much better performance all around:

So, if you're not satisfied with your Air 2s, at least there's some hope.

Cheers.

Attachments

• DJI_0461 1.jpg
    DJI_0461 1.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 18
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member