DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software upgrade

Well our firmware differant.
Thanks Dirk, I did notice yours is a later version and that's what I'm trying to achieve without much success unfortunately.
I've always updated software via wifi in the past but this time it says "check network connection'. Okay... I've read some have trouble with the wifi connect so I download DJI Assistant 2 for Mac and try to do it via the USB cable.
Crap!!!! Now it tells me "Network Error, retry". I've retried 5-6 times without any success. This is starting to give me the *****.
I have no idea what to do next. All I know is that I need a helping hand.

Well I have always did mine by wi-fi and only used the assistant 1 time to do the sensors so we gonna have and get someone with more experience with it to get you updated . I don't see any of the ones I know on other than @Mossiback or @Point Zero that might can work with you on this .
Maybe one of them will respond and help get your issue worked out .

Thanks so much mate I appreciate your help. I haven't thrown in the towel completely. I hope your right, I hope one of the 'experts' can help me out.

Reactions: dirkclod
Well I see nether of the 2 I flagged answered did you ever have any luck getting updated ?

Reactions: noosaguy
Before connecting the phone to the controller, try turning the wifi on the phone off and just use the cellular data connection to access the internet. Then turn on the drone, connect phone to controller and turn on controller. Wait for the drone and controller to link up and check for the update then. I know it sounds weird, but there may be an issue with the wifi router not communicating properly between drone, controller and phone. I've had this happen before. At the very least, it will eliminate on other factor if it doesn't work.

Seems I have read trying a different USB port on your iMac has helped some but might be mistaken .

I got my M2P last year also and since it has been flying perfectly, I have not update anything. It says new update is available, but I also decline and just go fly it. I hear some horror stories from some people who have updated and wished they had not. Therefore, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, is the way I am currently proceeding. Unless there is some significant advantage to an update, I shall leave mine alone and just enjoy it actually working with no problems.

It's sort of like my fridge, I open the door, the light comes on and it keeps food cold, so I just leave it alone.

Thats good for you and lots stay behind but lots stay current. I have always been that way and I have not yet to date had any issues so lets not get into that debate but try and get the OP's issue resolved .
Thanks

Hi all,
I've been out of action since last November and haven't flown my M2P since. (now 4 months)
I ran the batteries down for storage and packed it away until I was okay again. So yesterday I charged the batteries and fired her up expecting a 'software update' message after doing so.
I was surprised to find that according to my Go4 app, everything is up to date and has the most recent upgrade. How could this happen when I haven't upgraded anything?
Interesting!...
I just checked and Mobile Data is switched on for the phone and Go4. But does that mean it would update the software without notifying me?
I use Android so I am not the iOS expert but, on Android, if auto-update is turned on in the Google play store the update will happen in the background without any notice or interaction from you.

Having a background update make my video feed unusable, I turned off auto-updating, fly in airplane mode, and do not have Go 4 running if my tablet is connected to the internet. This works for me because I have a MP and use an older tablet. Since you have a M2 I would leave auto-update turned on because DJI is still adding/updating features for the M2.

I can't thank you all enough for your contribution here. Good work guys. I'm about to try immobilising the phone because that somehow makes sense. I'll let you know.

No, turning off wifi and going to Aircarft Mode on the iPhone made no difference. Bummer!

Well Woo-bloody-hoo!!! I finally managed to get everything up to speed with Assistant 2. I rebooted my computer last night hoping it helped but was unsuccessful. Today, after stuffing around again with no luck I rebooted again in desperation and bingo... It worked.
I have no idea why it fixed it but it did. And thanks again for everyon's help.
Tony

I use Android so I am not the iOS expert but, on Android, if auto-update is turned on in the Google play store the update will happen in the background without any notice or interaction from you.

Having a background update make my video feed unusable, I turned off auto-updating, fly in airplane mode, and do not have Go 4 running if my tablet is connected to the internet. This works for me because I have a MP and use an older tablet. Since you have a M2 I would leave auto-update turned on because DJI is still adding/updating features for the M2.
Thanks Mossiback. I know that sometimes updating software will introduce unwanted bugs and not only with DJI. But I reckon you're right, there are potentially many improvements to the MP2 that could come with future updates.

Thanks lon, yeah I've downloaded it and followed instructions but when I click on the 'Mavic 2' icon, I get an error message that says "Network Error please retry'. CRAP!

Okay... Crap... I know how to fix this but I can't remember. If I do, I'll message you.

Oh you did it!!! The thing was deleting DJI Ass2 and redownloading it. That worked for me since I had the old version. I'm glad you got it to work!!!

Okay... Crap... I know how to fix this but I can't remember. If I do, I'll message you.

Oh you did it!!! The thing was deleting DJI Ass2 and redownloading it. That worked for me since I had the old version. I'm glad you got it to work!!!
A big thanks to you and everyone else, especially Dirkclod.

Hi, sorry if not the correct forum, wasn’t sure as it’s regarding the Go4 update for Crystalsky and couldn’t decide which forum was correct.

I found out that DJI have finally released an update for Crystalsky to enable the waypoints feature. After many problems with connectivity I finally managed to download the app. I selected upgrade and waited in anticipation.

I’ve tried several times now and each time it seems that the CS downloads a fresh copy then asks me to upgrade. I do this and everything seems to be progressing with a coloured bar moving across the box but after a few minutes the box clears and a notification saying “App not installed “ appears with the only option to click on Done.

Has anyone else had these problems and if so how where they resolved please?

Many thanks.

Peter

Hi, sorry if not the correct forum, wasn’t sure as it’s regarding the Go4 update for Crystalsky and couldn’t decide which forum was correct.

I found out that DJI have finally released an update for Crystalsky to enable the waypoints feature. After many problems with connectivity I finally managed to download the app. I selected upgrade and waited in anticipation.

I’ve tried several times now and each time it seems that the CS downloads a fresh copy then asks me to upgrade. I do this and everything seems to be progressing with a coloured bar moving across the box but after a few minutes the box clears and a notification saying “App not installed “ appears with the only option to click on Done.

Has anyone else had these problems and if so how where they resolved please?

Many thanks.

Peter
Hi Peter, maybe you're on the right thread, maybe not. My problem and solution was in regard to software updates for everything including the Go4 App. Took me a whole day of stuffing around. Your issues are quite different to mine because I was getting connectivity errors realated to "network" problems. What solved it for me in the end was rebooting my iMac. I still don't know why that helped but there you go. Good luck mate and try to keep your blood pressure under control.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa