DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software upgrade

noosaguy

Reactions
Hi all,
I've been out of action since last November and haven't flown my M2P since. (now 4 months)
I ran the batteries down a tad for storage and packed it away until I was okay again. So yesterday I charged the batteries and fired her up expecting a 'software update' message after doing so.
I was surprised to find that according to my Go4 app, everything is up to date and has the most recent upgrade. How could this happen when I haven't upgraded anything?
Interesting!
NG
PS: I'm taking her out this arvo to get rid of the cobwebs but was afraid she mightn't be ready.

Definitely, I was inside my home but viewing through the camera on my iPhone.
I was surprised so went to the upgrade section of Go4 and it said everything was up to date.
I fully expected to be bombarded with 'update' messages but got none?

Sure you have auto update off in your phone ?

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Ummm, do you mean I should have auto update ON or OFF?
My phone constantly gives me 'new version' messages.
Well if I have mine on any updates that come up it does them so have that off and just update what I want .

Well if I have mine on any updates that come up it does them so have that off and just update what I want .
I just checked and Mobile Data is switched on for the phone and Go4. But does that mean it would update the software without notifying me?

I'm IOS and if mine is on auto update it does anything that needs updating .I keep it off and I see when an app wants to update and then choose to or not .

I'm IOS and if mine is on auto update it does anything that needs updating .I keep it off and I see when an app wants to update and then choose to or not .
Thanks Dirk, clarification needed (I'm old now ;)) Is auto update a separate function to Mobile Data switched on? I can't find auto update.

Hey I ain't no spring chicken now I'm confused :oops:
Here's what I have and nothing will update without me telling it to .From my pad.
IMG_2643.jpeg

Hey I ain't no spring chicken now I'm confused :oops:
Here's what I have and nothing will update without me telling it to .From my pad.
View attachment 65920
What are you doing to me? o_O (he he)
I have an iPhone X running 12.1.4
I don't see a screen like yours? I have found (in settings) under 'General' ... 2nd from the top 'Software Update' but that seems to relate to IOS (software) not the Apps. On mine the App updates seem to be controlled under 'Mobile Data'.
I'm really confused but I think I'll take her for a (limited and sedate) flight well within visual and see how she fares.

Reactions: dirkclod
lol yeah we thinking different and is me. I'm on iPad and just saw the new update to 12.1.4 and doing it now.
I don't let nothing auto update on my phones or pads . Good luck :)

lol yeah we thinking different and is me. I'm on iPad and just saw the new update to 12.1.4 and doing it now.
I don't let nothing auto update on my phones or pads . Good luck :)
So, taking a stab in the dark... (educated guess)... Do you reckon my Go4 and M2P would be up to date? When I connected yesterday (I think) it said IMU re-calibration so I did and it was successful. But NOT ONCE did it say aircraft needs updating and in the Go4 it said everything else was up to date?

Looking now at app and it is current is 4.3.12 and when you power up see what your firmware is.
if it needed updating it should tell you . I don't see how the firmware could have updated if it has been one
with it powered off . And right at the moment I can't remember how far back we had a firmware update .

Reactions: noosaguy
Just got mine out and this is what is current .
IMG_2645.jpeg

Hi all,
I've been out of action since last November and haven't flown my M2P since. (now 4 months)
I ran the batteries down a tad for storage and packed it away until I was okay again. So yesterday I charged the batteries and fired her up expecting a 'software update' message after doing so.
I was surprised to find that according to my Go4 app, everything is up to date and has the most recent upgrade. How could this happen when I haven't upgraded anything?
Interesting!
NG
PS: I'm taking her out this arvo to get rid of the cobwebs but was afraid she mightn't be ready.

Happened to me also. I didn’t get the updates until 2nd power cycle and they came up.

Thanks so much all for your contribution here. Much appreciated.
It flew okay on a limited flight check but when I returned home I tried again. Now when I click on check for update and it tells me to check check network connection? My wifi is working fine so what now??? Anyone? Aggggghhhhh!

What was your firmware version

Well our firmware differant.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev