DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SOLD - DJI AIR 2S

koreandude79

Reactions
I'm selling a brand new opened box DJI AIR 2S. The drone was opened and hacked to remove No Fly Zones and to remove altitude restrictions. This is the costco variation and comes with two batteries, a remote controller, and a SanDisk 128gb microsdxc. I'm selling this for $950 and includes shipping.

Attachments

• 20240109_144956.jpg
    20240109_144956.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240109_145017.jpg
    20240109_145017.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20240109_145045.jpg
    20240109_145045.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Won't updates remove the hacks?

Am I the only one confused about why I would want the hacked version?
You are not the only one. Being one for following the rules because it's the safe and smart thing to do none of these hacks do anything for a flyer such as myself. Don't want to go flying around in No Fly Zones and I don't care to fly my drone into the stratosphere sooooo, what's the draw?

I'm sure there's someone out there who has an interest in being able to put our hobby at risk. It'll sell once the price drops another $200-$300.

There is nothing wrong with hacking or modifying to make something better. Just because something has been hacked doesn't neccessiate to it being illegal or being used illegally. It is to your own advantage. There are people that live near mountains or even abandoned airports that are restricted due to DJI.

Being one for following the rules because it's the safe and smart thing to do none of these hacks do anything for a flyer
One reason for hacking the altitude limit is rather simple. When flying up the side of a mountain, as long as the aircraft itself maintains the 400’ above ground level as it travels up the side of the terrain, perfectly legal and within said rule.

One reason for hacking the altitude limit is rather simple. When flying up the side of a mountain, as long as the aircraft itself maintains the 400’ above ground level as it travels up the side of the terrain, perfectly legal and within said rule.

The Air2S has a max altitude of about 16,404 feet via factory settings. Just checked and the US has 4 total summets that eclipse that limit and 6 that rise above 16,000 feet and zero in the lower 48 (not to mention many reside in national parks). Seems like someone going up a mountain would have zero troubles without factory specs. So again, another specialty hack with very little practical necessity outside of excedeing the accepted legal altitude for UAV's. It actually sounds more like a downgrade since it prevents future updates (some that might be necessary or at least include desireable attributes) from DJI as already has been stated.

There is nothing wrong with hacking or modifying to make something better. Just because something has been hacked doesn't neccessiate to it being illegal or being used illegally. It is to your own advantage. There are people that live near mountains or even abandoned airports that are restricted due to DJI.
Soooooo, how do these hacks make the drone better?

How many mountains in the US rise abouve 16,404 feet?

Did you know even abandoned airports encounter planes landing from time to time?

Add to that these hacks cut the owner off from DJI upgrades that may be necessary or have desireable attributes, this little unit seems to have been devalued by the "upgrades". Maybe consider a price drop?

I guess I will need to check what the little guy will do on its own. All the other DJI products I have crap out at 500 meters from launch point. I’ll find out. I have just the one P4P that’s hacked to get up the hill above the 500 meter limit. I’m not convinced the information in post number nine is correct as far as the maximum altitude from takeoff point.

The Air2S has a max altitude of about 16,404 feet
This is in reference to its maximum service ceiling. Information provided by DJI.
There is a difference between maximum flight altitude from takeoff point and maximum service ceiling.
The 500 meter limit hack does have a purpose for some people that may have a need for that feature.
Firmware updates via DJI may not be high on the list for some DJI product owners.

This is in reference to its maximum service ceiling. Information provided by DJI.
There is a difference between maximum flight altitude from takeoff point and maximum service ceiling.
The 500 meter limit hack does have a purpose for some people that may have a need for that feature.
Firmware updates via DJI may not be high on the list for some DJI product owners.

Which is why I listed it as the maximum altitude and not the highest you can fly from take off point.
The 500 meter rule applies to above the take off point. Tell me, with regulations requiring folks to kep their drones in VLOS, where, aside from a person having someong follow the drone up the mountain side, would this hack be practical for anyone? Is there a person out there who might have a need for it? Already acknowledged as a rare situaion. Not something that anyone following the rules would need in any practical situation. It's essentially a "No, I am not allowed to do it but I could if I wanted to" type situaion. Chance takers. Bravado.

All the same, have fun flying your drone up a mountain. Hope your spotter can keep up.

Which is why I listed it as the maximum altitude and not the highest you can fly from take off point.
The 500 meter rule applies to above the take off point. Tell me, with regulations requiring folks to kep their drones in VLOS, where, aside from a person having someong follow the drone up the mountain side, would this hack be practical for anyone? Is there a person out there who might have a need for it? Already acknowledged as a rare situaion. Not something that anyone following the rules would need in any practical situation. It's essentially a "No, I am not allowed to do it but I could if I wanted to" type situaion. Chance takers. Bravado.

All the same, have fun flying your drone up a mountain. Hope your spotter can keep up.
None of this solves your post number nine.

None of this solves your post number nine.

Whatever that means. Unless you are planning on trying to fly over 16,000 feet. Let me know how that goes.

All the same, none of this changes the fact that it's a useless hack. When flying up a mountain maintaining 400' agl, you still must maintain VLOS. Hope your spotter's in good shape.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N