DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sold my Inspire 1 Pro and couldn't be happier

LapetusOne

Reactions
I sold my Inspire 1 Pro when I heard about the Mavic 2 Pro. The 10 bit color sold me as I had the hardest time making the 8bit video from the X5 match the stuff I was shooting with the C200 and C300mk2.

I just got back from a trip to the Bahamas and I couldn't be happier with how the drone worked out. First of all it's super small and doesn't require a massive pelican case like the Inspire. This alone was enough to sell me on the Mavic. I was even able to bring the Mavic with me on simple little scouting runs and it took no time at all to set it up and fly. This would never have been possible with the Inspire as it's too **** big and takes to much time to setup. Because it's so easy to setup I was able to fly twice as often and get twice the footage and photos that I normally do. The added flight time (almost 30min) was great too. I was able to stay airborne and direct shots much longer than I could with the Inspire. Oh, and I was also able to carry more Mavic batteries with me (4 total) as the Inspire I can only travel with three batteries total due to airline flight restrictions.

Some other great things about the Mavic:
  • It's also super easy to launch and catch in your hands in sketchy conditions like boats.
  • Intelligent flight modes and quick shots are awesome!!! They make difficult shots super easy to pull off.
  • Hyperlapses are dope.
  • Camera is totally superior to the x5.
  • Did I mention how small and lightweight it is. My god, this thing has changed how often I fly on shoots now.
  • Internal storage saved my butt one flight when the mSD card was left in laptop bag.

I just couldn't be happier. Here's some images from the shoot. I've skimmed through the footage and it looks great too. I'll post that stuff once the campaign launches.

DJI_0117.jpgDJI_0147.jpgDJI_0203.jpgDJI_0242.jpgDJI_0277.jpgDJI_0292.jpgDJI_0340.jpgDJI_0375.jpgDJI_0394.jpgDJI_0403.jpg

Awesome man... what video/cam settings did u use?

D-log for video. 25fps UHD. Standard settings. Kept the aperture between 2.8 and 5.6.
Used polar pro nd filters when necessary.

For photos, I just shot DNGs and kept the aperture between 2.8 and 5.6.
Edited images in Lightroom.

Great pics!
Aren`t quickshots done in 1080p and video settings AUTO only?

Really nice images. Beautiful colour rendering. I’m just getting used to mine and I love it to bits. Really is a nice aircraft.

Rest assured someone will be along in a minute to tell you how terrible the MP2 is because some bloke on youtube did some unscientific testing against the P4P. :D

Reactions: JDawg
I sold my Inspire 1 Pro when I heard about the Mavic 2 Pro. The 10 bit color sold me as I had the hardest time making the 8bit video from the X5 match the stuff I was shooting with the C200 and C300mk2.

I just got back from a trip to the Bahamas and I couldn't be happier with how the drone worked out. First of all it's super small and doesn't require a massive pelican case like the Inspire. This alone was enough to sell me on the Mavic. I was even able to bring the Mavic with me on simple little scouting runs and it took no time at all to set it up and fly. This would never have been possible with the Inspire as it's too **** big and takes to much time to setup. Because it's so easy to setup I was able to fly twice as often and get twice the footage and photos that I normally do. The added flight time (almost 30min) was great too. I was able to stay airborne and direct shots much longer than I could with the Inspire. Oh, and I was also able to carry more Mavic batteries with me (4 total) as the Inspire I can only travel with three batteries total due to airline flight restrictions.

Some other great things about the Mavic:
  • It's also super easy to launch and catch in your hands in sketchy conditions like boats.
  • Intelligent flight modes and quick shots are awesome!!! They make difficult shots super easy to pull off.
  • Hyperlapses are dope.
  • Camera is totally superior to the x5.
  • Did I mention how small and lightweight it is. My god, this thing has changed how often I fly on shoots now.
  • Internal storage saved my butt one flight when the mSD card was left in laptop bag.

I just couldn't be happier. Here's some images from the shoot. I've skimmed through the footage and it looks great too. I'll post that stuff once the campaign launches.

View attachment 54409View attachment 54410View attachment 54411View attachment 54412View attachment 54413View attachment 54414View attachment 54415View attachment 54416View attachment 54417View attachment 54418
I did the same with the i1 - haven't looked back since! Nice images!

I done the same thing, sold my Inspire 1 for the small but brilliant M2P. The size of the M2 sold it for me, never been happier;)

Last edited:
X5 to 1" M2 sensor ist quite a step. Can it really compete with the X5 for photos?
At the time the X5 was state of the art and I loved it, but tech changes fast. The 20mp sensor on the M2P has a lot more resolution than the X5 for photos and video. The M2P bitrate, bit depth, and H.265 codec are superior to what the X5 can do and the results are easily distinguishable.
The Quickshot flight modes and Hyperlapse are icing on the cake. The fact that I can carry my entire drone setup in a tiny shoulder bag instead of a 40lb pelican case is a dream come true. Hell, it even has obstical avoidance which the I1P doesn't have.

I haven't used dual op mode yet but will on the next shoot.

The only thing that could make this drone better is if we could swap out the lens for different focal lengths.
Other than that, this drone is amazing and I can't imagine why people are complaining about it.

Reactions: fozzzy
Absolutely OUTSTANDING, Lapetus...REALLY. I just LOVE the shot of the little tree with the people and circular water ripples! Hope the trip was as enjoyable as your images are to view.

KB
Thanks, man.
The trip was great and I was able to capture so much more this time because this little drone is so proficient.

Really nice images. Beautiful colour rendering. I’m just getting used to mine and I love it to bits. Really is a nice aircraft.

Rest assured someone will be along in a minute to tell you how terrible the MP2 is because some bloke on youtube did some unscientific testing against the P4P. :D
Ha, so true. I can't believe people are complaining about the M2P.
I paid over $6,000 for my complete Inspire 1 Pro setup three years ago and I'm amazing what the M2P can do for $1,400.

I thought the same thing, but I just checked and all the files I have are in 4k so I guess not.
I'm double stoked now!
Great news, thanks for the hint!
They must have changed that. When i tried the quickshots with the first firmware the video was definitely 1080 which was pretty useless if you shoot the rest in 4K. I wonder if you can make any manual camera settings in quickshot. Guess i have to try it out today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman