DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sold your Mavic 3 to Upgrade 3 Pro??

I bought it on Fredmiranda.com…from someone I had previously bought from.
Wow! Was this a seller suffering from buyer's remorse, or a YT reviewer unloading his DJI gift for income? Finding a private sale of a newly released aircraft at a bargain price is extremely unusual! Good find!

Wow! Was this a seller suffering from buyer's remorse, or a YT reviewer unloading his DJI gift for income? Finding a private sale of a newly released aircraft at a bargain price is extremely unusual! Good find!
Nope… NIB with B&H receipt. Just got word I’ll have it tomorrow.

I have already put the same work in- all to naught. Many e-mails to their Civil Aviation people, etc. A total waste of time.
View attachment 164245The penalties for flying a drone illegally in the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E). of Dubai or Abu Dhabi was $10,000 USD fine and a year in jail. Similar penalties now for my next trip to Kenya, and for my next trip the Canadian Rockies where most of the space is national park. I do have a permit for my mini2 in Canada but of course not in the parks.

I would not like to be arrested and fined and jailed for taking a drone video or drone picture. Would you?

I have noted in previous posts that the UAE has been attacked by off the shelf drones which are weaponized by the Houthi rebels supplied by Iran. If you do not believe me see some of the thousands of Google hitsView attachment 164245 on this topic

A glass is half empty, only because of the way you choose to look at it.

There are 195 countries in the world. Even if drones are totally banned from half of them, you still have ~100 reasons to fly.

Reactions: KS-6
All thoughts of upgrading from my M3 to M3 Pro have disappeared with the realization that flying this drone now is becoming very limited when I travel, where I wanted to really use it. I have been shut of out many countries in the past year due to laws and regulations. I have written to the forum about this. Why would I want to spend another several thousand to NOT be able to fly the drone. If I lived out in the open spaces or Wild West it might be different but here in Miami or where I travel (recently to Middle East, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Jordan, and soon to come, Canadian Rockies and Africa are all off limits now. We have a shrinking playground. Sorry I sound so sour but I really am. I am ready to chuck the whole thing.

Dale
Miami
It looks like tourists can only fly sub-250 gm. drones in Canada now. It's too bad we can't fly our more capable Mavic 3's, etc.

A glass is half empty, only because of the way you choose to look at it.

There are 195 countries in the world. Even if drones are totally banned from half of them, you still have ~100 reasons to fly.
Sorry for you the school in which you attended 2nd grade math… 97.5 reasons to fly

Sorry for you the school in which you attended 2nd grade math… 97.5 reasons to fly
The ~ symbol means approximate or about; it means not a precise number. ~100 is correct; it's simple mathematical notation and well learned.

The ~ symbol means approximate or about; it means not a precise number. ~100 is correct; it's simple mathematical notation and well learned.
That wasn't covered until 3rd-grade math...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007