DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sold your Mavic 3 to Upgrade 3 Pro??

Donzo98

Reactions
Did you guys sell the M3 to get the Pro?

I have the M3 now that I use with the RC Pro.

I am thinking of upgrading to get the 70mm, and better 7X.

Would you sell the M3 with the original controller, or bundle it with the new RC from the Pro?

I'd sell it with a RC-N1 if you have one of those laying around. My original Mavic 3 Fly More came with the RC-N1 and I upgraded to the RC Pro controller later on.

For the record the 3x and improved 7x both rock. The 1x is identical between the two drones.

I'm keeping my Mavic 3 as a backup drone/camera for my Mavic 3 Pro. I carry a backup DSLR body to my current one in a similar vein - its the one my current camera body replaced.

I'd sell it with a RC-N1 if you have one of those laying around. My original Mavic 3 Fly More came with the RC-N1 and I upgraded to the RC Pro controller later on.

For the record the 3x and improved 7x both rock. The 1x is identical between the two drones.

I'm keeping my Mavic 3 as a backup drone/camera for my Mavic 3 Pro. I carry a backup DSLR body to my current one in a similar vein - its the one my current camera body replaced.

I was thinking that as well… and then maybe sell the RC separately after the 3 is sold.

Would you sell the M3 with the original controller, or bundle it with the new RC from the Pro?
You could also wait for the Mavic 3 Pro "drone only" package to be released. Maybe after May 31st, if the rumors come true. $1800 but no charger and no RC.

Reactions: AnzacJack
You could also wait for the Mavic 3 Pro "drone only" package to be released. Maybe after May 31st, if the rumors come true. $1800 but no charger and no RC.
I already bought it… it’s on the way. Got a good deal. Mavic 3 Pro/ RC for 1925 shipped. Just have to figure out best way to maximize money coming in from Mavic 3 sale. I currently have the Mavic 3 Fly More plus the RC Pro. I’ll keep the RC Pro, extra batts and charger from the M3.

All kinds of good options available to you since there are a fair amount of different packages and mostly all of them are valuable/wanted by someone. Also it helps alot that the M3Pro is well-priced and the M3 Standard is still desirable (appears to be holding it value). You can't go wrong however you mix and match, thanks to the nearly 100% compatibility all around.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I already bought it… it’s on the way. Got a good deal. Mavic 3 Pro/ RC for 1925 shipped. Just have to figure out best way to maximize money coming in from Mavic 3 sale. I currently have the Mavic 3 Fly More plus the RC Pro. I’ll keep the RC Pro, extra batts and charger from the M3.
Cool! Got a link you can share or how you got that good deal?
PM me, if you don't want to share it publicly!
I'd happily like to take advantage of it, too! Bird in the hand!

Cool! Got a link you can share or how you got that good deal?
PM me, if you don't want to share it publicly!
I'd happily like to take advantage of it, too! Bird in the hand!
I bought it on Fredmiranda.com…from someone I had previously bought from.

Sell it with the RC N1 controller and keep the RC Pro for the M3-Pro.
One's you get it sell the RC N3300 grey controller for $280.
Sell your M3 plus 1 battery & RC N1 for $1300-$1500 with that money upgrade to the M3 Pro

All thoughts of upgrading from my M3 to M3 Pro have disappeared with the realization that flying this drone now is becoming very limited when I travel, where I wanted to really use it. I have been shut of out many countries in the past year due to laws and regulations. I have written to the forum about this. Why would I want to spend another several thousand to NOT be able to fly the drone. If I lived out in the open spaces or Wild West it might be different but here in Miami or where I travel (recently to Middle East, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Jordan, and soon to come, Canadian Rockies and Africa are all off limits now. We have a shrinking playground. Sorry I sound so sour but I really am. I am ready to chuck the whole thing.

Dale
Miami

All thoughts of upgrading from my M3 to M3 Pro have disappeared with the realization that flying this drone now is becoming very limited when I travel, where I wanted to really use it. I have been shut of out many countries in the past year due to laws and regulations. I have written to the forum about this. Why would I want to spend another several thousand to NOT be able to fly the drone. If I lived out in the open spaces or Wild West it might be different but here in Miami or where I travel (recently to Middle East, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Jordan, and soon to come, Canadian Rockies and Africa are all off limits now. We have a shrinking playground. Sorry I sound so sour but I really am. I am ready to chuck the whole thing.

Dale
Miami

I'd argue that there are far more places to fly than not. I go out of my way to get proper certifications when I travel to other countries so I can fly. I just got back from Denmark and Italy and glad I put the effort in.

Reactions: KS-6
I'd argue that there are far more places to fly than not. I go out of my way to get proper certifications when I travel to other countries so I can fly. I just got back from Denmark and Italy and glad I put the effort in.
I have already put the same work in- all to naught. Many e-mails to their Civil Aviation people, etc. A total waste of time.
Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 2.16.28 PM.pngThe penalties for flying a drone illegally in the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E). of Dubai or Abu Dhabi was $10,000 USD fine and a year in jail. Similar penalties now for my next trip to Kenya, and for my next trip the Canadian Rockies where most of the space is national park. I do have a permit for my mini2 in Canada but of course not in the parks.

I would not like to be arrested and fined and jailed for taking a drone video or drone picture. Would you?

I have noted in previous posts that the UAE has been attacked by off the shelf drones which are weaponized by the Houthi rebels supplied by Iran. If you do not believe me see some of the thousands of Google hitsScreenshot 2023-05-17 at 2.16.28 PM.png on this topic

I would not like to be arrested and fined and jailed for taking a drone video or drone picture. Would you?

Of course not. If I went to those places regularly my opinion would change a bit but there are still plenty of places to fly.

Sell it with the RC N1 controller and keep the RC Pro for the M3-Pro.
One's you get it sell the RC N3300 grey controller for $280.
Sell your M3 plus 1 battery & RC N1 for $1300-$1500 with that money upgrade to the M3 Pro
Perfect... thanks!!

I already upgraded... just waiting to get it before I sell the M3.

I have already put the same work in- all to naught. Many e-mails to their Civil Aviation people, etc. A total waste of time.
View attachment 164245The penalties for flying a drone illegally in the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E). of Dubai or Abu Dhabi was $10,000 USD fine and a year in jail. Similar penalties now for my next trip to Kenya, and for my next trip the Canadian Rockies where most of the space is national park. I do have a permit for my mini2 in Canada but of course not in the parks.

I have noted in previous posts that the UAE has been attacked by off the shelf drones which are weaponized by the Houthi rebels supplied by Iran. If you do not believe me see some of the thousands of Google hitsView attachment 164245 on this topic
Talk about a DEBBIE DOWNER :) Geez...

Reactions: GadgetGuy and KS-6

Dale
Miami
What are the rules in Miami?? Can you fly on the beach??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000