DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Solution for Mavic 3 disastrously bad battery charger design?

Thanks for the link. How heavy is the whole thing approx.? Are you aware of options to charge/connect multiple (e.g., 3-6) batteries?

Another option, but reviews are not great:
Hanatora LCD Battery Charger for DJI Mavic 3
No idea on the weight. It's a fairly small brick. No idea on multiples either. I just use it one battery at a time.

Similarly to the M2P's battery charging hub, the battery charging hub (CP.MA.00000427.01) for M3 is the least on-the-go friendly design. Try using it in the car while driving off-road and the batteries will fly all over the place.

I am using gaffer tapes, 3 printed shapes, clothes for cushion, etc. that kind of make it work.

How do you solve this problem? Charging 6 (six) batteries while driving on rough off-road terrain?
I think your situation represents a very very small fraction of users. Most pilots plan a drone outing, charging the batteries the day before in a stable environment. The few who charge on-the-go (sailboats, long distance hikers, etc). are in the small minority, I think.

You are probably going to have to come up with a way to stabilize your charger on rough roads. Are you in a car or camper vehicle? Probably a dedicated battery (power bank) would be the answer. There are tons of power banks available on Amazon.

Dale

Similarly to the M2P's battery charging hub, the battery charging hub (CP.MA.00000427.01) for M3 is the least on-the-go friendly design. Try using it in the car while driving off-road and the batteries will fly all over the place.

I am using gaffer tapes, 3 printed shapes, clothes for cushion, etc. that kind of make it work.

How do you solve this problem? Charging 6 (six) batteries while driving on rough off-road terrain?

Im looking at modifying this box to fit the charger and the batteries for different drones as I am always charging one drone or the other in the car chasing a storm down.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water

2022-10-08_19h02_46.png

Thinking drill a hole , get rid of the lid, type thing as in a car that is pain.
I need an assorted battery kit so i can switch out chargers as i change drones.

2022-12-16_08h40_22.png

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Something like this concept would be the solution:

DJI Two-Way Charging Hub for Mini 3 Pro Batteries
DJI Multifunctional Battery Case for Osmo Action 3

Last edited:
Are you looking for problems or solutions? I've done off-road driving with the charger and batteries wrapped in towel and tucked in glove box without any issues at all. What kind of off-road driving are you going to do for this simple solution not working?
Wouldn't you be concerned that they are wrapped up in the glove compartment as a possible fire hazard. Should they have a problem, you would not know until it was too late to remove them and throw them outside the vehicle. Goodbye Vehicle. Just a thought.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Wouldn't you be concerned that they are wrapped up in the glove compartment as a possible fire hazard. Should they have a problem, you would not know until it was too late to remove them and throw them outside the vehicle. Goodbye Vehicle. Just a thought.
Have you ever heard of the smart M3 batteries catching fire while charging them in the original DJI charging hub and DJI car charger? But if you are that concerned and want to be extra safe, there is a simple solution to this too. It is called LiPo fire/explosion proof bag. Plenty of shapes and sizes available on ebay. You might even find a perfect size and shape which will hold the batteries in the hub without using a towel. Honestly, why are you guys not looking for a simple solution rather than unnecessarily complicating this..

Last edited:
Reactions: KLRSKIR
No. I have USB charging cable long enough to connect the M3 car charger in the 12V socket located in the central console of my car with the glove box. If you are really fussed, you can gaffer tape the cable allong the way so it is not dangling around. Man, this is not that complicated, really😉
I tried charging a device in my glove box in a similar fashion and after the 2nd time, the pressure on the usb cable made it inoperable. My glove box snaps shut solidly with a couple of 90 degree angles. Broke the cable and stressed the closure of the glove box...double negative. So I'm very skeptical that solution would work for everybody

my solution was to simply get an Anker 6' usb cable to run to the back-seat area. When not in use it coils under the driver seat. And I plugged this into the power port of my rig:

95W Car Charger

as I said in an earlier post, I'd think a simple solution would be to charge in the drone while traveling bumpy roads. And charge in the hub while parked. Don't have the Mavic 3 yet but will be getting one soon

I suppose if you wanted/needed to charge more than one battery at a time you could try something like this:

Mavic 3 Car Charger

I have no idea how reliable it is or how solidly the charging plates lock onto the battery

or a more expensive solution is to add more batteries and keep your batteries charged

Amazon has a 2 for 1 sale

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Have you ever heard of the smart M3 batteries catching fire while charging them in the original DJI charging hub and DJI car charger? But if you are that concerned and want to be extra safe, there is a simple solution to this too. It is called LiPo fire/explosion proof bag. Plenty of shapes and sizes available on ebay. You might even find a perfect size and shape which will hold the batteries in the hub without using a towel. Honestly, why are you guys not looking for a simple solution rather than unnecessarily complicating this..
I have not heard of problems with the M3, however, even the smart batteries of previous models have had problems. I was not saying you would have a problem, simply asking if it was a concern do to the history of Lipo's. And I did provide a simple solution in the following post. The Yx Intelligent Charger. Simple and it works. Have used their chargers for years.

I have not heard of problems with the M3, however, even the smart batteries of previous models have had problems. I was not saying you would have a problem, simply asking if it was a concern do to the history of Lipo's. And I did provide a simple solution in the following post. The Yx Intelligent Charger. Simple and it works. Have used their chargers for years.
two things: first, do those charging plates latch on firmly enough that lots of bumps in the ride won't dislodge?

second thing is, while the Yx isn't the only charger of that sort, they all have the drawback that you need a solid gauge 12V-->Inverter cord; then a 12V Inverter attached to that cord; then the 'smart' charger attached to the inverter then attached to the batteries. That's a lot of cordage and devices scattered around a vehicle

Reactions: Filmarik
I tried charging a device in my glove box in a similar fashion and after the 2nd time, the pressure on the usb cable made it inoperable. My glove box snaps shut solidly with a couple of 90 degree angles. Broke the cable and stressed the closure of the glove box...double negative. So I'm very skeptical that solution would work for everybody

my solution was to simply get an Anker 6' usb cable to run to the back-seat area. When not in use it coils under the driver seat. And I plugged this into the power port of my rig:

95W Car Charger

as I said in an earlier post, I'd think a simple solution would be to charge in the drone while traveling bumpy roads. And charge in the hub while parked. Don't have the Mavic 3 yet but will be getting one soon

I suppose if you wanted/needed to charge more than one battery at a time you could try something like this:

Mavic 3 Car Charger

I have no idea how reliable it is or how solidly the charging plates lock onto the battery

or a more expensive solution is to add more batteries and keep your batteries charged

Amazon has a 2 for 1 sale
M3(not Classic)has the back strap of the "bra" covering the charging port. If the OP is saying that the batteries fly from the hub on the roads he travels, I personally would rather have the drone with the "bra" firmly attached stowed away somewhere very very safe than having it exposed to such harsh driving conditions. (gimbal would not like it at all).
There are pros and cons to every solution. To me the simpler the better hence the solution I offered. It has proven to work (for me) just fine. You just need to find a way to lead the cable to the glove box so the door does not pinch or kink it. Obviosly not through the front edge which shuts tight🤦‍♂️.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
M3(not Classic)has the back strap of the "bra" covering the charging port. If the OP is saying that the batteries fly from the hub on the roads he travels, I personally would rather have the drone with the "bra" firmly attached stowed away somewhere very very safe than having it exposed to such harsh driving conditions. (gimbal would not like it at all).
There are pros and cons to every solution. To me the simpler the better hence the solution I offered. It has proven to work (for me) just fine. You just need to find a way to lead the cable to the glove box so the door does not pinch or kink it. Obviosly not through the front edge which shuts tight🤦‍♂️.
what is the bra made out of?

seems like cutting a little slot exposing the charging port should be possible

seems like cutting a little slot exposing the charging port should be possi

seems like cutting a little slot exposing the charging port should be possible
It would require a large hole for the USB plastic housing to pass through, aa the port is deep inside the body. That would weaken the strap and cause the material to fray. Why would you even consider doing this?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15