DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[SOLVED] Small silver plate came out after a crash

lghouse44555

Reactions
Hello, I was flying my mini2 indoor and let it hover to take video and little did I know it was moving by itself and hit the wall.

I picked it up and it still works but a small silver/aluminum/stainless steel came out. I wonder if I should worry? and how difficult would that be to put it back on?

20210606_162140.jpg20210606_162132.jpg

Reactions: Gagey52
Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. I’m sure someone will be able to identify the part. Sure has the shape of a SIM card
Regards

Reactions: maggior
It is the RF shield that snaps over appropriate section of the main board. There is one over the GPS area and one over the RF section of the main board. They just snap in place to shield the parts below. They also act as a heat sink for specific components.

It’s from the underside of the GPS/IMU module. It does need replacing as it is designed to reduce RF interference. You definitely don’t want that coming loose during flight.

It is the RF shield that snaps over appropriate section of the main board. There is one over the GPS area and one over the RF section of the main board. They just snap in place to shield the parts below. They also act as a heat sink for specific components.
I agree, after doing some more research it seems like it's from the GPS module. Do you think it's worth the hassle for me to open the drone and try to put that thing back?

okay, will see if I can pop it back in place. Thanks!
How the dickens did it get out of there without case damage. If your having a crack yourself, can you post a photo when you are replacing the part. I’d like to see where it came from, thanks

okay, will see if I can pop it back in place. Thanks!
How the dickens did it get out of there without case damage. If your having a crack yourself, can you post a photo when you are replacing the part. I’d like to see where it came from, thanks
Initially I realized there's a clinking noise when I picked up the drone after the crash, and then I shook the drone upside down and the small metal piece came out.

Yes, I managed to pop it back my self. Opening the top case of mini2 required patience and persistence.

I need to remove the 3 screws holding the module with the big light color chip.
20210608_002244.jpg

And the voila, that is where I popped back the metal covering and push it a bit to make sure it's tight.
20210608_002543.jpg

And after that it's all good now, just have a peace of mind re-installing that EM shield back!

Reactions: Gagey52
Really surprised that came loose without other damage to the aircraft. Glad to hear it’s all sorted now.

In the event it comes free again I’d put a tiny spot of a silicon across two corners with the cover already on to secure it. Either that or adjust the clips a little but they’re quite delicate.

Initially I realized there's a clinking noise when I picked up the drone after the crash, and then I shook the drone upside down and the small metal piece came out.

Yes, I managed to pop it back my self. Opening the top case of mini2 required patience and persistence.

I need to remove the 3 screws holding the module with the big light color chip.
View attachment 130436

And the voila, that is where I popped back the metal covering and push it a bit to make sure it's tight.
View attachment 130435

And after that it's all good now, just have a peace of mind re-installing that EM shield back!
Appreciate that, thank you.
Regards

Reactions: lghouse44555
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121