DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some critique- second flight.

Hi all
Looking for some feedback on the attached video montage. Filmed over the River Tay just outside Perth. Edited five different clips and changed the play back speed to 1.5 as I felt it was slow as I was taking it easy.
thanks in advance.
Garry
Second flight
Here’s what the link gets me... maybe you need to change settings on your vid to public or similar...
A247BB45-9514-4ACF-98B2-02D57021A95B.png

The water is stellar with the reflections. Beautiful vid.
Suggestions:
-use the “share” link provided by Vimeo to get a preview instead of text as the link... like you’ve seen all around the forum.
- I would recommend a different final segment eliminating all the imagery of the ground next to the water ... about 46 seconds on the timeline... and just rise up from that beautiful water to the Mountain View like the one you ended with.

The water is stellar with the reflections. Beautiful vid.
Suggestions:
-use the “share” link provided by Vimeo to get a preview instead of text as the link... like you’ve seen all around the forum.
- I would recommend a different final segment eliminating all the imagery of the ground next to the water ... about 46 seconds on the timeline... and just rise up from that beautiful water to the Mountain View like the one you ended with.
Hi Thomas.
Thanks for the feedback on both the video and my forum posting skills.
Had a look at the video after your comments and get what you say about the last segment.

Reactions: Thomas B
Great shots Thumbswayup My 2 cents: Shorten each clip/scene to no more than 4-5 seconds. Preferably 2-3 seconds. Any longer than that and your viewers get board. If you want to take a long clip that you "must see" break it down into short clips. I sometimes want to use a 30 second clip/scene, but chop it down by going 3 seconds, chop out 5 seconds, go 3 more seconds, chop out 5 seconds etc.

Overall very good, especially for your second flight :)

Reactions: garry_l
Great shots Thumbswayup My 2 cents: Shorten each clip/scene to no more than 4-5 seconds. Preferably 2-3 seconds. Any longer than that and your viewers get board. If you want to take a long clip that you "must see" break it down into short clips. I sometimes want to use a 30 second clip/scene, but chop it down by going 3 seconds, chop out 5 seconds, go 3 more seconds, chop out 5 seconds etc.

Overall very good, especially for your second flight :)
Thanks for the advice and feedback. I will keep them in mind when I try to get out again.
i am king to have a play about with some of the longer shots I took on the day to try splitting it up.
thanks again.

Hi all
Looking for some feedback on the attached video montage. Filmed over the River Tay just outside Perth. Edited five different clips and changed the play back speed to 1.5 as I felt it was slow as I was taking it easy.
thanks in advance.
Garry
I think the speed is a bit fast- especially in the center clockwise pan. My eyes are having a hard time keeping up with the speed of the pan. I would slow it down a bit more. Also, after the complete pan to the right, you reverse course and start panning to the left. It was discombobulating. Nice subject though. Could have hovered a bit over the birds.

Last edited:
Hi all
thanks in advance.
Garry
First two shots were perfect. Nice speed, moving in one direction. Pans were too fast. Panning is always difficult and the only way I've found to make them work is to pan s l o w l y. Also, when shooting video, think like a photographer. Frame the shot before rolling, then roll and fly in one direction, forward, backward, sideways, straight up, whatever. If you have to turn, do slow slowly and carefully in a big arc so it's smooth and looks deliberate. But hey, you picked up a perfect time to shoot those lake shots with the mirror-like water. Keep at it and keep sharing!

I think the speed is a bit fast- especially in the center clockwise pan. My eyes are having a hard time keeping up with the speed of the pan. I would slow it down a bit more. Also, after the complete pan to the right, you reverse course and start panning to the left. It was discombobulating. Nice subject though. Could have hovered a bit over the birds.
Thanks. I was a bit undecided if 1.5 speed was right or not.

First two shots were perfect. Nice speed, moving in one direction. Pans were too fast. Panning is always difficult and the only way I've found to make them work is to pan s l o w l y. Also, when shooting video, think like a photographer. Frame the shot before rolling, then roll and fly in one direction, forward, backward, sideways, straight up, whatever. If you have to turn, do slow slowly and carefully in a big arc so it's smooth and looks deliberate. But hey, you picked up a perfect time to shoot those lake shots with the mirror-like water. Keep at it and keep sharing!
I was very lucky that the river was at high tide and so still that it looks like a lake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito