DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some great drone film and time lapse of Mount Rainier from Andrew Studer

Cymruflyer

Reactions
Here is a link to a video by Andrew Studer who has compiled some great footage from Mount Rainier both drone and time lapse. Excellent choice of music, editing and filming. I only wish I could be a tenth as good one day.
Here is the link:

Here is a link to a video by Andrew Studer who has compiled some great footage from Mount Rainier both drone and time lapse. Excellent choice of music, editing and filming. I only wish I could be a tenth as good one day.
Here is the link:
ALL I CAN SAY IS "WOW, WOW,WOW!!! I have been doing time lapse, motion timelapse with a slider, and astrophotography for several years, but nothing can compare to this absolutely spectacular, gorgeous film. My congratulations to your skill and expertise. I have already watched it three times and dragged my wife into the room to view it too.

Reactions: Twocalf
AMAZING !!

Can anyone tell me if this is using the built in Intelligent Flight Mode Hyperlapse feature on the a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom or is it a hyperlapse created by taking individual photos and stitching them into a hyperlapse video. I ask because I am amazed at the ability to get such great exposure at night with the stars and Milky Way being clearly visible in the photos. I figure there must be some long exposure photography going on here and was wondering whether the Mavic 2 drones can have such long exposure while using the Hyperlapse Intelligent Flight mode? Anyone know?

I have been doing astrophotography for several years but do not consider myself an expert. I would make a guess/stab at the fact that these are done by the standard timelapse techniques when involve tripod, adjustable camera like a DSLR, intervalometer set at 15-20 seconds and ISO of 1200 or more, and 2-3 hours of standing outside in the cold trying to keep warm. Then processing the series of shots in a timelapse software program like LRTimlapse 44 or 5 which renders it into a video. Once the video exits, it can be imported into your video editing program and adjusted for speed, exposure, etc.

Thanks Dale. I think your assessment is correct and that this is likely the way these Hyperlapse shots at night were done.

I have been doing astrophotography for several years but do not consider myself an expert. I would make a guess/stab at the fact that these are done by the standard timelapse techniques when involve tripod, adjustable camera like a DSLR, intervalometer set at 15-30 seconds and ISO of 1200 or more, and 2-3 hours of standing outside in the cold trying to keep warm. Then processing the series of shots in a timelapse software program like LR Timlapse 4 or 5 which renders allows "development" or color grading, and other adjustments and then it is rendered by the same software into a video. Once the video exists, it can be imported into your video editing program and adjusted for speed, exposure, color, etc.

This is great! I love the calm nature of the Video and fitting music. And the timelapses are just amazing!

Thanks Dale. I think your assessment is correct and that this is likely the way these Hyperlapse shots at night were done.
I shoot a lot of hyperlapse sunsets... this video is 4 min long. In my M2P shoring an entire battery (20-22min) I never get more than 20-25 seconds of film on a single battery.
So the time lapse is likely not DJI hyperlapse.

Here is the link:
Wow, a wonderful use of fog, clouds and moving ice and light and...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54