DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

some guy doing an FCC hack permanent for RC pro Controller

So, just a heads-up... as always, I ran this mod executable in a freshly installed Windows 10 VM, on which I had installed my usual File System Monitoring suite.
I can confirm that the executable sent by the Chinese guy on Telegram does indeed contain malicious code, which makes a number of changes to your Windows settings.
One thing it does is modifies ads in browsers so that the pages display revenue-generating ads for the Chinese hacking group.
Second thing it does is modifies Startup configuration to run something that, so far as I can see, broadcasts the fact that your computer is online as well as your IP address to some external server... I'm pretty sure (though haven't had time to dig deeper) that this would allow an attacker the ability to execute malicious instructions on your computer (even if your computer is behind a router or firewall, given that it acts as a Client not a Server).
Point being: if you've run this program to FCC unlock your drone, run a PROPER AntiVirus/AntiMalware scan on your computer immediately and clean it up.
For those whom HAVEN'T run it on their machine (yet)... be sensible: run it in a VM and terminate the VM when you're done. That way, you get the benefits without the hassle of some hacker taking advantage of you and your computer(s).
It is always wise to use a VM, I ran the executable in a temporary sandbox and I did not encounter the issues you described.
I also ran this program through Virus Total and Jotti's Malware Scan and only 26 out of 71 AV vendors reported this file as infected with a virus, the majority of AV vendors did not detect a virus or malware.

It's possible you have run something else that's caused these issues as I see none of the outcomes that you indicate on my system (and I know what I'm looking for).

Running it in a VM is sensible advice, however, if you're at all unsure.

download,patch it,save activation code for next time,uninstall program…..till next time,download,patch it,uninstall….

Reactions: pyrolator
New here... Is this hack intended for those who cannot fly in FCC mode due to location specific restrictions ?

New here... Is this hack intended for those who cannot fly in FCC mode due to location specific restrictions ?
in europe they are stuck in CE mode,short range…this patch fixes that problem 👍

Reactions: MavicMover
It is always wise to use a VM, I ran the executable in a temporary sandbox and I did not encounter the issues you described.
I also ran this program through Virus Total and Jotti's Malware Scan and only 26 out of 71 AV vendors reported this file as infected with a virus, the majority of AV vendors did not detect a virus or malware.
The trojan contained is called Win32/Wacatac.H!ml... see here: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml threat description - Microsoft Security Intelligence

It facilitates Remote Execution Attacks (effectively, it enables an attacker to gain access to an infected system, with the privileges to run whatever code they choose on the target.

I am still trawling through the system-level changes the executable made when run in the VM... and I'll let you all know if it is doing anything excessively malign... but, in the meantime, you definitely want to be careful (because Remote Execution Attacks are basically the highest-level risk you can possibly expose your computers to)

I report that after few days and numerous scans still no trojan or virus present in my PC.

I have installed it and also did a scan but no threats found. I did a firmware update and tried to reinstall the patch but was not able to as I am not able to connect to the server. I msg him through Telegram on 12 Jan but till today my msg is undelivered. Anybody knows what is happening or have any update pls share

I have installed it and also did a scan but no threats found. I did a firmware update and tried to reinstall the patch but was not able to as I am not able to connect to the server. I msg him through Telegram on 12 Jan but till today my msg is undelivered. Anybody knows what is happening or have any update pls share
Same here, and no respond from Sincoder 😐

i also was unable to connect to server but after about 4 or 5 failed attempts it connected. is this the guy that charges 40usd or the italian guy who charges 60usd?

I've tried reinstalling it about a minute ago but still the same problem. It cannot connect to the server.

I've tried reinstalling it about a minute ago but still the same problem. It cannot connect to the server.
From the website DJI RC FCC | Dji Rc Fcc the server is currently down, but unless you have telegram it's hard to reach sincoder. Also no mention yet about the 1.9.1 update which was only minor for flight centre so I hope the patch will still work.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update DAFlys. Appreciate it. I suspected the server is down. I have tried reaching him by Telegram but my msg is not delivered (single grey tick). His status last seen on 10 Jan @9.32 pm. Very strange as he is usually very responsive.

hi guys, i try to write to him on telegram 8(dji fcc) but on a his status last time was on line one week ago..someone have another way to contact him?
Also can be ok another tool or developer if you know another great way to do this hack

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky