DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some issues with Osmo Pocket

digiteye

Reactions
Hi, after using this cute device, I've found a few things that may cause problems. Please check it out.

You could probably have typed 4 lines of text and made something clearer than this 6min video.
Still have no idea what your point about the file naming is.

Reactions: MrEdCeD
Most of this is solved by the wireless adapter, no physical conection and phone doesnt draw power from the device. As for the file names I really don't see how that can be an issue tbh it takes seconds to rename multiple files if you really feel the need to on raw footage.

Despite I hate to watch a (quick produced) video for that little information from the DJI Osmo Pocket FAQ, the charging is not to be blamed on DJI but on Android:

Q: How come the Osmo Pocket keeps charging my phone when connected?
A: According to AOA protocol of Android, Osmo Pocket must provide 5V 500mA power to the Android device when connected. This will result in reduced battery runtime, however, the Osmo Pocket allows you to charge it when it’s turned on. Adding an optional Wireless Module can also prevent the reverse charging from happening while not compromising advanced control and features.

Reactions: fozzzy
It's kind ridiculous that DJI says to add a WiFi module, as that drains a lot of power too, instead of providing a solution. So here is a solution

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom