DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some of my Flight Data is missing.

TTP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
After a crash on April 18, 2020, about 20 days of Flight Records are missing.

On 19/4 I flew a number of flights and these records exist, but flights on 20/4 and 21/4 are missing, together with the missing flights from 21/3 to 18/4.

All other records and logs exist for this period, but the records that underlie Fligts Data,
DJIFligthRecord 2020-03-21xxx.txt toDJIFligthRecord 2020-04-18xxx.txt is missing.

Where could these missing records have disappeared?

Can these records be found or recreated?

After a crash on April 18, 2020, about 20 days of Flight Records are missing.

On 19/4 I flew a number of flights and these records exist, but flights on 20/4 and 21/4 are missing, together with the missing flights from 21/3 to 18/4.

All other records and logs exist for this period, but the records that underlie Fligts Data,
DJIFligthRecord 2020-03-21xxx.txt toDJIFligthRecord 2020-04-18xxx.txt is missing.

Where could these missing records have disappeared?

Can these records be found or recreated?
Unfortunately this isn't unusual & seems to affect both iOS & Android with GO4 ... for the Fly app the mobile device DAT logs seems to be most affected by deletion when syncing with DJI servers.

A re-install of the app can fix it (with a manual deletion of the complete DJI folder tree before installation). If you have synced your flights with the DJI server the TXT logs in FlightRecord will reappear, but the corresponding DAT logs stored there in a sub folder named MCDatFlightRecords will not come back.

Thanks Slup, have updated and synced everything, software and Flight Data, but I have not reinstalled GO4xx and deleted the DJI folder, will try.

My .DAT files are there so I can save them and then restore them in the correct folder.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to delete DJIGO4 from Smart Controller (SC), if that is why missing records are still missing after deleting the DJI folder in SC and syncing all Flight Data again.

Will have to try and do it all again with my old Controller that requires a mobile phone, in the phone I can remove the DJIGO4 app and reinstall it.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to delete DJIGO4 from Smart Controller (SC), if that is why missing records are still missing after deleting the DJI folder in SC and syncing all Flight Data again.

Will have to try and do it all again with my old Controller that requires a mobile phone, in the phone I can remove the DJIGO4 app and reinstall it.
I was waiting to see if you were using the Smart Controller. I had the same problem of missing flight records. Here's what happened. I had changed my default storage to the SD card. When I changed it back to the SCs storage all the missing flight records appeared. It seems that the flight records are ways stored in the SCs storage, and if you have default storage set to the SD card, the SC can''t find them. Fortunately they're not lost.

Reactions: Gindra
Thanks W2EJ for your answer, the problem with the allocation of Flight Data that DJI changed around January 10 this year from the DJI folder on the SD card to the DJI Inten folder.

A change that is understandable but not fully thought out in the design, plus all the extra hassle for us MavicPilots.

With storage on the SD card, DJI had no real control, but with storage internally you are bound to a limited space, as in SC 12 GB.

There are two areas that require space, clean Flight Data, and logfiles for what's happening. And this is where I feel that DJI is lacking in its handling of all data generated in flight.

As I understand it, you can divide DJI's software expertise into two groups.
A-Team, handle everything that has to do with physical flight, communication with satellites, the drone and SC, they do a fantastic job, handling the drone is a dream.
B-Team, handles all data generated by flights, and here B- does not stand for Backup, no you are free to use another expression.

Clean Flight Data is saved from the first flight, etc., in other words available space will end, after all, as a pilot, I receive no warning, will return to this problem in next entry.

All logs on the handling of the drone are well OK in normal cases, "but" if you have a crash, it generates an incredible amount of data in all possible logs, and here we probably find the reason for my missing Flight Data.

Continuation will follow in the next entry.

When I discovered that I was missing data from about 80 flights after a crash on April 18, 2020, I flew on April 19, 20/4, 21/4 and 22/4.Data for 19/4 is registered in Flight Data, so my Flight Data is registered for 20/4, but when I then fly 21/4 my data from 20/4 is overwritten. And my flight on 22/4 overwrites flight data from 21/4.

now see that of the 12 GB memory there is only about 100MB free.

I restart my SC from "Zero", sync my Flight Data and now I have about 2/3 parts of 12GB free.The flights on 23/4 and 24/4 are stored correctly without overwriting the previous day's Flight Data.

But my about 80 flight missed data does not exist.(Until the 18/4, the crash date, I synced my Flight Data every day, worked on my then 960 flights would be 1,000, not good to fertilize my own self, is now at 879)

My conclusion now is that, with the crash on 18/4, all log files took such a place that DJI-sowtware cleared a number of Flight Data, to accommodate all log files, which criteria for this cleaning I have no idea.

Anyone have a good theory about this, or a solution to my problem with missing Flight Data?A few words about my crashes, you can think that I fly very carelessly, no really not, but I fly in a very difficult environment where, at least in my mind, it is impossible not to have a crash every now and then.

Because I have my special propellers, Carbon propeller blades put in Master Airscrew Hub, the woodland where I fly is quite soft and I'm never particularly high up, so after a crash, blow away debris from the drone and up and fly again.

I can see that something happens to previous Flight Data when you get a crash with your drone.

My previous conclusion that the error occurred due to a lack of space in the internal memory where Flight Data is stored is probably incorrect. It is another condition that controls the loss of data, which I cannot determine if anyone has knowledge or ideas of what is causing the error, welcome with comments.

For my part, I continue to enjoy flying my M2P, and do not care about any achievable volumes etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000