DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some smart controller questions, wifi latency, developer mode, charging while using it, connection with adb, mock gps

surfbird

Reactions
Hi,

I'm might buy the smart controller, since one of my remotes broke the other day. I have some questions I havn't been able to find elsewhere.

• How stable is the wifi/internet connection to another hotspot (running on a android phone). How is the latency and packet loss?
  • Can I charge the remote when it's in use? Does the charging keep up with the battery drain? On my ordinary remote it doesn't, which is a pain when debugging apps.
  • Does the hotspot wifi interfear with the occsync range?
  • Can I use the developer mode and connect through adb/android studio. Ie use it when developing apps.
  • Does mock gps work?
  • HDMI-output, is the output direct from the drone stream, or with the app overlays (like menu)? Is it more smooth compared to the fpv-widget, which for me, frame freezes now and then?
  • Is it possible to root with the latest firmware?
  • How is the range compared to the original remote?

I would preciate any answer, please don't make it a 'why do you want that thread'. Send me a message if you wonder why :)

Thanks

Hi,

I'm might buy the smart controller, since one of my remotes broke the other day. I have some questions I havn't been able to find elsewhere.

• How stable is the wifi/internet connection to another hotspot (running on a android phone). How is the latency and packet loss?
  • Can I charge the remote when it's in use? Does the charging keep up with the battery drain? On my ordinary remote it doesn't, which is a pain when debugging apps.
  • Does the hotspot wifi interfear with the occsync range?
  • Can I use the developer mode and connect through adb/android studio. Ie use it when developing apps.
  • Does mock gps work?
  • HDMI-output, is the output direct from the drone stream, or with the app overlays (like menu)? Is it more smooth compared to the fpv-widget, which for me, frame freezes now and then?
  • Is it possible to root with the latest firmware?
  • How is the range compared to the original remote?

I would preciate any answer, please don't make it a 'why do you want that thread'. Send me a message if you wonder why :)

Thanks
Works fine connected to a hotspot never measured the packet loss LOL.
You can charge the remote while in use I recommend a high current charger like that could charge a MacBook Pro

Never tried mock gps

You don’t need developer mode to side load an app. I built The DJI sample app and loaded it and it ran fine. I don’t remember if I tried debugging but it should work.

I don’t know about rooting I would have no reason to do that.

The range is better. At least on mu m2p

Works fine connected to a hotspot never measured the packet loss LOL.
You can charge the remote while in use I recommend a high current charger like that could charge a MacBook Pro

Never tried mock gps

You don’t need developer mode to side load an app. I built The DJI sample app and loaded it and it ran fine. I don’t remember if I tried debugging but it should work.

I don’t know about rooting I would have no reason to do that.

The range is better. At least on mu m2p
Thanks a lot!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej