DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some Zoomies from Phantomrain 3 X 5 x 7

There is a lot to love on the Mavic 3 Pro :
Wondering if there is an easier way to switch zoom than on the touch pad ?
These were edited in LR and just screen shots.

View attachment 164061

View attachment 164062

View attachment 164063

View attachment 164064

View attachment 164065

View attachment 164066

View attachment 164067

View attachment 164068

View attachment 164069

View attachment 164071

View attachment 164072

View attachment 164073

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 Pro in the Rain and Capture the Storm. Land on the Water and float the waves.
Thank you for your photo samples, they are very helpful for me.

You can configure and use the C1/C2 buttons.
On the RC Pro, all the buttons are configurable, along with button combinations. However, the configurations are limited to those within the available menu choices under each button in the Fly app. On the Mavic 3, one could switch between Normal mode and Explore mode through a button configuration. With the 5 way button, hopefully DJI has made changing between the 3 cameras in Normal mode one of the menu options. No Mavic 3 Pro yet to test myself. Let us know what you find there! C1 and C2 buttons are generally reserved for other uses, like Waypoints.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Still flying the RC but will test it out today: Had a panic moment yesterday

I Handed the drone over to my girlfriend to take the drone up to 400 ft while I checked my emails
and when she handed me back the drone , I thought the clouds looked strange and than I pointed the camera straight down and thought maybe I was in some kind of Zoom out mode, but noooooooo the drone had blown thru the 400 ft limit and climbed to 1869 ft.

I managed to take 1 picture which im going to print and frame as a reminder of the panic moment.

I would post the pic but it would get ranted to hard, still utterly amazed at how fast the Drone gets GPS sats..
From inside my car 26 sats in about 5 seconds and I am loving that.

2023-05-15_07h21_24.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: davefabik
Still flying the RC but will test it out today: Had a panic moment yesterday

I Handed the drone over to my girlfriend to take the drone up to 400 ft while I checked my emails
and when she handed me back the drone , I thought the clouds looked strange and than I pointed the camera straight down and thought maybe I was in some kind of Zoom out mode, but noooooooo the drone had blown thru the 400 ft limit and climbed to 1869 ft.

I managed to take 1 picture which im going to print and frame as a reminder of the panic moment.

I would post the pic but it would get ranted to hard, still utterly amazed at how fast the Drone gets GPS sats..
From inside my car 26 sats in about 5 seconds and I am loving that.

View attachment 164121

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Are you sure it wasn't 1640 feet which is 500m, instead of 1869 feet? Or are you in a 1000m zone, and just stopped her before it rose to 3280'? She had to have seen the 400' altitude warning which precedes it, though! Was that warning still unacknowledged on the screen? Girlfriend clearly isn't afraid of heights! LOL!

• Haha
it was such a panic moment < not even sure, She said there was no 400 warning that normally we would hear , and when she handed me the drone an I looked out , I flew for a bit thinking this 7x zoom is nuts , than I dropped to 1x zoom and realized I was not in Kansas anymore , than I looked straight down and realized OMG moment and took the pic and came down. She said she herd she had reached an alt limit and thought it took a long time to reach 400 ft. I was in the truck an she stepped outside to fly it..so i missed all the cues . Likely it was 1640 but in that moment I thought it read 1869 ft

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

it was such a panic moment < not even sure, She said there was no 400 warning that normally we would hear , and when she handed me the drone an I looked out , I flew for a bit thinking this 7x zoom is nuts , than I dropped to 1x zoom and realized I was not in Kansas anymore , than I looked straight down and realized OMG moment and took the pic and came down. She said she herd she had reached an alt limit and thought it took a long time to reach 400 ft. I was in the truck an she stepped outside to fly it..so i missed all the cues . Likely it was 1640 but in that moment I thought it read 1869 ft

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
1640 feet makes more sense. Otherwise, she found a way to bypass the normal 500m altitude limit! The 400 feet is just an onscreen advisory notification that does not impair further vertical ascension. I don't think it is also verbalized, unlike the "max altitude reached." If the 400 feet notification wasn't still on the screen when you took over, it must also have a time out on it, once 400 feet is exceeded, if it isn't acknowledged.

Keep a closer eye on your GF next time!
No telling what she might do next! LOL!

I got the RC Pro back and checked this out.
You can also configure the 5-way button to switch between cameras.
That was what I thought! All those extra configurable buttons were designed for convenience, while keeping your hands squarely on the sticks, and off the screen!

I just got up and running with the RC Pro much nicer now , an becoming a better investment all the time.
thanks for the all the support.

Coal

Reactions: GadgetGuy
That was what I thought! All those extra configurable buttons were designed for convenience, while keeping your hands squarely on the sticks, and off the screen!
Set mine to C3 (Switch Cameras) and it cycles from 1x to 3x to 7x.

There is a lot to love on the Mavic 3 Pro :
Wondering if there is an easier way to switch zoom than on the touch pad ?
These were edited in LR and just screen shots.

View attachment 164061

View attachment 164062

View attachment 164063

View attachment 164064

View attachment 164065

View attachment 164066

View attachment 164067

View attachment 164068

View attachment 164069

View attachment 164071

View attachment 164072

View attachment 164073

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 Pro in the Rain and Capture the Storm. Land on the Water and float the waves.
I do not want to sound like a killjoy but this whole idea of flying a drone in the rain intrigues me for more than one reason. The main one would be the most obvious. How one prevents a water droplets from building up on the lens when flying in the rain? It is all well and good to have a rain coat for the drone, and your product looks awesome but the whole purpose of flying a drone is to either take photos or videos, right? And if the lens has water droplets all over does not that ruin all the photos and videos?? Just wonder??

I do not want to sound like a killjoy but this whole idea of flying a drone in the rain intrigues me for more than one reason. The main one would be the most obvious. How one prevents a water droplets from building up on the lens when flying in the rain? It is all well and good to have a rain coat for the drone, and your product looks awesome but the whole purpose of flying a drone is to either take photos or videos, right? And if the lens has water droplets all over does not that ruin all the photos and videos?? Just wonder??
If it is raining hard enough and you are flying fast enough, they are washed away instantaneously. If you apply Rain-X to your car windshield, you don't even need windshield wipers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs